  • Post
DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
The wheel bolts would still have held the wheel and rotor to the bearing. That would have just let the CV end wander in and out of the splines. If the bearing had failed, the caliper would have seen a lot more unusual loading.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Looks like the cone and first row of blades are there, meaning it seems it was not blades that caused the damage I know there is pressurized air fed into a cavity for preventing icing around the mouth of the engine - did that rupture in a fantastic way?

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Seafoam, anyone?

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
^ can confirm similarities for hoons that live north of the Fraser River.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Have you heard about my good friend KTM and their love of mixing 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, and 27+ all over their bikes. Most bolts have the option of using a torx driver inside of the hex. Woefully undersized tor the given torque.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Can confirm. Stock Dana 35 rear ate itself with 235/70/R16's after 120k km. My Dana 44A has been chugging along with 285/75/16's for the last 90K km, and for however long it was like that before I bought it. The clutch pack was a little weak, and that has been the only thing I have replaced.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Posted to a local FB group, but I cant quite place the bike. Ducati something...

DefaultPeanut fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 28, 2017

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

eberbs posted:

saw this abortion of a tow today

not pictured is the 3 cop cars and 3 other tow trucks to tow the tow truck

as a tow truck driver this poo poo makes me cringe.

Maple Ridge? Did the tow truck get pulled over and told do it right / atleast get one off the bed? I can't tell, does the turd on the wheel lift have insurance?

EDIT - Does the flat deck even have valid insurance? I don't see any stickers on his rear plate.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Hit or miss. The front right wheel bearing failed on my ZJ at 220K km, The rear left on a friend's e36 lasted to near 310K, the rest are still going strong. I was driving home at night a few years ago and had the front right wheel bearing go from quiet and fine to a loud howl to locked solid in under 5 seconds on my B2200. I had been driving it for 8 months solid by that point - I got a tow home, popped the dust cap and it was still full of grease. Cotter, nut plate and nut were all still there. hub was so drat buggered I couldn't get a socket on the nut. It was cheaper to hit the wrecking yard and buy a good hub, rotor and ball joints than buy the cheaper of the two roller bearings. Still driving great 2 years later.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
My own failure because of a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Cylinder and head seem to be fine, intake and exhaust valves are a wee bit bent though.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
I had my foot in it pretty good and there was a slight buzzing sound and a stumble, I let off the gas, put it in neutral and shut the ignition off all within a second or two. The cylinder walls done have and notable damage and it is as round now as it was before. Seems like most of the chunks bounced around without too much hassle.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Best I was able to figure, I pulled the vacuum line to the pressure regulator it pissed fuel all over my hand.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Good chance that crank is out of true now.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Had a good one show up today on a Gixxxer600
Click for big

KTM RC / Duke 390s are quite the pieces of poo poo as well.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4