Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

someone spent time on this. what is it even attached to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAlNrtcPCLw

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

glynnenstein posted:

I love how goofy the g wagons look, and how far people go in dressing them up.

This version, suitable for a pro hockey player, probably comes in over $200k' I'd guess. I suppose he doesn't want to miss a game due to weather.

as a former volvo owner i love the boxy look, but that price is so gross.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

sharkytm posted:

6-series wheels redrilled for a Passat

rims more than the car, wut

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

MacGyver wants his car back

a jet ski better pop out of that thing

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

He swears he's not nerdcore though :rolleyes:

Lol he sing starwars songs

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Beach Bum posted:

Regarding brake failures, this one will forever be my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGuzVk0HTsU

this is awesome, saving your own rear end from possible death always feels good.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I see your bagger and raise you The Captain.

Aww, reminds me of these guys:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The human lifespan is far too long nowadays, while cognitively we've made no gains. My patients are more than happy to be in denial to the bitter end and expect they'll magic pill their way out of hard fought lifestyle mistakes. That said I'd rather die early than end up demented and septic after a long run of decubes due to neglect.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

mischief posted:

I will always have an old Readers Digest story in my mind when I handle any chainsaw. Guy was cutting trees in the middle of God drat nowhere and hit some barbed wire or fencing that had grown into the wood and cut essentially one half of his circulatory system in his neck, then proceeded to wrap himself up in his work clothes and walk half naked to the highway to flag down help.

I might be a little glib with some dangerous tools but I'll always give the chainsaw a locked elbow and some hefty respect.

My grandfather fell out of a tree using a chainsaw, broke his leg and died from a PE later. But then there's also being under someone using a chainsaw in a tree:

quote:

A woman was killed after her husband fell from a ladder as he pruned some garden trees and his chainsaw struck her on the neck.

Pauline Pudney, 57, who watched her husband, Roland, cut branches with the electric chainsaw in the back garden of their home in Eltham, south-east London, died instantly.

Mr Pudney, 56, lost his footing on the ladder on Monday afternoon and, as he fell, the chainsaw's teeth dug into his wife's neck, severing arteries.

Neighbours heard Mr Pudney scream out: "Somebody help. Call an ambulance. She's not breathing. She's not breathing."

Later, Mr Pudney had to be taken to hospital to be treated for deep shock. He remained there until yesterday.

"We are treating this as a tragic accident," a Scotland Yard spokesman said. "The wife was not decapitated."

Mrs Pudney worked as a neighbourhood housing officer with Lewisham council.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1468672/Wife-killed-as-chainsaw-husband-fell.html
Either way I stay the gently caress away from chainsaws.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I would cut trees with this:

from an extreme distance.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

STR posted:

So I was pretty close on the RPM guess. :v: It's very possible it really did spin that high; the B16 and B17 bottom ends could take some serious poo poo without instantly blowing up. It had to have hit at least 10k going by the tach.

The B17 is pretty rare though. At least in the US, it only came in the 92-93 Integra GSR. Honda legos are fun though, I wouldn't mind owning another DA Integra or EG/EJ Civic. I had a lot of fun with both cars, even though they only got bolt ons. What motor will go in next? B16 or B18? I'll be pretty impressed if you say you have another B17 sitting around, most of them got blown up ages ago. Even 10+ years ago when I was into Integras, most of the 2nd gen GSRs I saw had B18 swaps (usually because of theft).

Speaking of, I saw a (visibly) unmolested 2nd gen GSR the other day. It's rare as hell to see a 2nd gen Integra in general these days, much more rare to see the 2nd gen GSR. And a stock one is a loving unicorn today.

What up NE dallas bro. Used to be my old hood. Had a friend with a Type-R back in the day and it was so fun, always wanted one.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

STR posted:

That era of Honda 4 banger is dead simple in general - B, D, F, H.... you work on one, you've worked on all of them. There's still millions of B series engines out there, though USDM B16s aren't nearly as common as a B18C.

I have a little bit of hate for the later H's because of their appetite for oil. So many last gen Preludes scrapped because they started smoking

My B18A was down to almost nothing on 2 cylinders (<50 PSI) when I got rid of my DA. :stare: It was a smoke machine that would have made James Bond himself cream his pants (basically a quart of oil per tank of gas, with no significant leaks, and was a bitch to get started after it'd sat for more than a few hours).

Look a little closer at that pic, are you suuuuuuuuuure it's your old hood? :v:

No longer in DFW - I escaped almost 2 months ago. (and most of my 20 years in DFW were spent in the suburbs... plus Denton - I lived in Dallas proper for maybe 5 years) That picture was taken in east Austin, on Riverside. The Austin tip off is the "don't block the box" sign, which I've yet to see outside of Austin.

Still cool to see DFW and ATX goons tho. I met several DFW goons over the years, maybe I'll run into some ATX/SATX goons eventually. :ohdear:

drat, so many Pleasant Valleys.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

"NOTE: Do not misalign the rod bearings more than 6° or the seals may be damaged"

Or maybe corrosion will shoot the bearing balls out the side of the rod end.

Hate having leftover parts from ikea builds.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

This too will fire all kinds of calibers, aiming gets better with your unarmed stats.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Naturally Selected posted:

Has to be at least .451, which means that every other round will basically tumble/keyhole through that piece of poo poo.

E: I have yet to meet a single AF ATC guy that wasn't a horrible biomechanical and mental failure, so that fits this thread, too. :v:

Would you say that they are angry-vapists?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ripoff posted:

Dana 35c’s, standard on all YJs and TJs (I think you had to buy some additional package to get the rear 44 on the TJ). The worst Jeep axle ever. :haw:

As soon as I saw the shaft pull out with the wheel I knew it was a 35c. They’re rather infamous for that.

Just looked up a jeep rollover video and now i'm pissed off, these people had their dog in the car and it flipped out then almost got crushed when they rolled over doing exactly what you do to make a jeep roll over. Your dog does not care that your dick is small and you need to flip your stupid shitwagon for mudder/crawler cred, leave that boy at home.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

um excuse me posted:

CVTs have a pretty bad rap. Formula 500 uses them and they look like pretty fun cars. Larger forms of Motorsport should mandate them, reprogram our lizard brains to associate fast cars with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VwbOv9lRTM

that looks fun as hell.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

No. 6 posted:

I hate this type of video. Just some random rear end mugging the camera for 15 minutes without saying hardly anything of value. No one loving cares about your ego, get on with the project or shut up.

After wanting more top-gear-esq content, and being horribly unsatisfied watching rich kids on youtube gloating about their cars, I found Doug Demuro's channel and it's really good (i'm sure i'm going to get dog-piled for it not being good, whatever). Anyway, if you like a reasonable person's take on exotics, it's worth checking out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E0uPfIujgU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ah, well, nevertheless.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Who then is worth watching for car reviews? I'm on this insane car review watching kick.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

NoWake posted:

I believe his channel is a side gig to the video production he does for auto OEMs - really feels like he's doing videos for fun & to showcase his work, rather than rack up subscribers and views.

e: I mean just look at what he does for a 15-year-old Chrysler. It's art. Imagine what he could do for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQdZ2jOX1Ag&t=36s

so far his videos are good, i still don't hate doug, it's been great free entertainment for me :/

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

well like it or not, doug finally got ahold of a mclaren f1, this is what i've been waiting for for real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkYVXIWAPnc

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Probably not the thread for this, but I find it funny that Rolling-coal The Game exists now:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Powershift posted:

The truck seems to be enjoying it at least.

SHWING!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

That stance tho

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

SLAMMED! INTO THE GRAVE!

e: sorry drinking/sushi night

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Motor mount? Try pulling the entire motor to do belts :mrgw:

don't you have to remove the whole back half of the car to get that thing out as well?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

TrueChaos posted:

Amazon drone delivery program gone haywire, someone accidentally typed fire instead of free.

whatever drugs you're on son, you might want to slow down, but also can I have some?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Thank god that dog was ok

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

you could load a driverless car up with drugs and send it wherever, if it gets pulled over who gives a poo poo.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Not after mandatory retina screenings, criminal scum

Shiiiiiiieeeet, keep one of these boys on me at all times

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Never heard anything good or bad about hard rock cafes or hotels, it's like a total mystery to me...feel like it's just re-branded TGI Fridays bullshit with eric clapton playing constantly.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/v91oSCN.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Kith posted:

https://i.imgur.com/gIUg9lY.mp4

you could not pay me any amount of money to touch that poo poo with my bare hands

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

You guys must not be using the new pina colada flavor Seafoam.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

It's fine, it's just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007