Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

grnberet2b posted:

I don't know if they used silica on this one, but... [jeep]

Why oh why did I look at the comments for that video. Must be punishment for watching the automotive equivalent of a snuff film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Whatever the bomb disposal method, the important thing to remember is that it must be recorded. For safety purposes, of course.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

People don't wait any time before slamming the key to start on gas engines either. Yeesh people let the fuel pump bring everything to pressure first. Engine designers probably love push button start because they can wait the 0.25 seconds it takes for everything to get ready to start instantly.

So I'm not crazy for always waiting for the fuel pump to stop whirring before I crank it? Well, poo poo. I always did this in the Volvo to see if the fuel pump fuse poo poo the bed again and just kept doing it.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

If you need to find your no ethanol gas stations http://pure-gas.org

Thanks for this, I'm gonna perform a highly scientific test and start filling up at the one near me to see if there's any mileage/performance difference. Definitely not because it's a Stewarts and their milkshakes are like cocaine to me. :northeast:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

How many college educations was that, 6? Woops! :v:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

xzzy posted:

It's funny to bury your foot on a climb in the Prius, not enough power to actually go fast but it'll put everything it has into trying. Then you get to the top and pull over to take in the view and the smell of hot electronics starts belching from all the vents.

Traditionally powered vehicles make odd smells after a climb too, but it's not quite as distinctive as that "oh hell I hope that doesn't mean I liquefied some solder or roasted some shielding somewhere" stink.

Reminds me of the interesting smells our rental Nissan Sentra (with CVT) made after climbing Mt. Washington. We didn't put the bumper sticker on before returning it either.

(never buy used rental cars)

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

gif of Fire Extinguisher Man:

e: it's been a long day and I can't be hosed to remember how to embed mp4s or webms, whichever gfycat uses

e2: vvv Looks like you had a long day too :haw: - I just used the .gif url, it's not as smooth as the original but the man still falls over so I consider it a victory

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 27, 2017

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I'm the lone earbud dangling from the nest of pubes in the buffer.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Nothing beats a nice stuffed crust tire.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Rename the forum to Amtrak to reflect how often it derails, tia

And then charge $60 per post, but you can only post in GBS and QCS.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Crotch Fruit posted:

Better lane discipline than half the drivers on the road.

I'm the multiple, massive cracks in the windshield.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

ArcMage posted:

loving fox news using '$100G' for 100000$

gently caress them.

To be fair, most of their audience either can't count or won't remember the number 5 minutes later.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Old joke, but some may not have heard it yet.

Three engineers were arguing about which kind of engineer designed the human body. The electrical engineer pointed to the nervous system's complexity and design. The mechanical engineer argued for the interaction of bones, joints and muscle as well as their self-healing capability. The civil engineer won the argument by saying "who else but a civil engineer would run a waste pipe through a recreational area?"

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 19, 2019

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Anal Neptune XL

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

What does black smoke mean? Antichrist?

We're about due I guess.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I love morons who display their fuckups to the world, then get defensive when called out on it. Nobody made him upload the video of him wrecking his expensive toy, but I guess any attention is good attention.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Maybe it's the angle but that looks like barely enough space for two cars.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

kastein posted:

Turns out pinion bearings really prefer it if you keep the oil topped up

Hmm, the low grease light is on.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FSi3REAKe4

I wonder how they're going to get 200+ PSI into that tire...oh they're just going to stand directly next to it and inflate it. Okay.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

*takes deep breath* ah nothing like the smell of sooty diesel exhaust, shrapnel and coronavirus in the morning!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Europeans need 14 liters to accomplish what Americans do* with only 6.7, pathetic. :smugdog:

*briefly

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 25, 2020

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

What it really needs is a nice 3-spoke design imo

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Memento posted:

"customer kept putting air in it because the tpms light wouldn't turn off"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FSi3REAKe4

starts around 2:30 in, timestamp didn't work

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Platystemon posted:

ITT: differential diagnosis

I appreciate this post.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Saw this, thought of this thread. The venerable GDCS in its natural state.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Only $10k for what has to be the fastest truck ever built? What a steal :orks:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

The drive units and batteries will all be yanked out and put into cars that are actually cool, the rest of the Tesla will go where it belongs...recycled into vibrators and oversized novelty eyeglasses.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

What's good for M&M Enterprises is good for the country!

Sounds good to me, I *am* a shareholder after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

opengl posted:

Every video I await the spray foam and without fail every video there’s at least one spray foam example why are people like this

It works like the potions from Pokemon, if there's a problem just spray some foam in there and it's fixed!