Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

LOO posted:

Uncontained Turbine Failure:

It is worth noting that the turbine disc you see here came from the #1 engine, passed through the pack bay and ended up stuck on the outboard side of #2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

I got this one in my inbox today. The hangar at the Dulles Jet Center collapsed under the weight of snow and wrecked 4 planes.

edit: corrected number of planes damaged.

Kerosene19 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 11, 2010

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Replaced the brake master cylinder and I was about to start bleeding the system and this happened. :argh:

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

I have a certain knack for compounding failures and simply didn’t want to gently caress with it. Ended up limping it down to the local Les Schwab on spongy rear end brakes and had their guys deal with it. Dude had a proper nut extractor and made short work of all four locks.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Spent the weekend in Reno at the Air Races and came across a display of broken radial engine parts.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

This did in fact make a cool noise.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Found in a Dodge slant 6.

No damage to the piston but it boogered the pushrod a little.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

sharkytm posted:

VOOOOOOP!

I was there for that, "voooop" made the hair on my arms stand up.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Never replaced the 22RE long block in my old Celica GT just find out that the new block ran worse with bad fuel injectors than the old block did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

For smaller jobs I like to use cardboard egg flats, top to bottom; left to right. Assembly is in reverse.