Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

IIRC, this was what happens when you put a supercharged Ford 3.9 top end, on a bottom end from a non-supercharged 3.9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Wobert posted:

I'm absolutely floored by this carnage. Is there any more information on this? Backstory, more pics, trip report?

It was one of those random forums posts a while ago... I don't remember where exactly it came from, its in my "holy poo poo" folder of random images.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Not quite a failure, but almost....

Helped a friend swap out a mid 70's washer for a late 90's one.

Found that attached to the old one. Guess it was a good thing we were swapping it out.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Raw_Beef posted:

That was totally not 1,000 words so you guys just imagine it, its pretty whack, that truck and how they treat it.

There is a farm across from one of my stores, the owner of it has another company and the farm was bought as sort of a hobby, and a place for his spoiled kids to play around on their ATVs and Snowmobiles on, they also drive regular cars around on the farm, most of the kids are not legal driving age.

One of the "Farm Vehicles" was a 2005 Toyota Highlander. Another? A 2002 Mercedes S50 AMG.

They gutted the Highlander's interior last year and painted it John Deere blitz black, and proceeded to drive it through a giant mud pit and hydrolock it.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Powershift posted:

Which is the wrong way, only more expensive.

No...It's the wrong way decades ago, but years and millions of dollars were spent on engineering it into being nearly as good as the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

kastein posted:

ahahahahahahahahaha that's loving rich.

ZERO sympathy if they lost the loving race because of that alone. Stop out-germaning yourselves and make your goddamn cars easy to fix you assholes.

e: goddamnit, what the gently caress?! They WON?! There is no justice in the world. I shake my fist at you, german engineers.

e2: nevermind. The #2 car won, the #1 didn't because they put the god drat alternator in the most retarded spot possible (except perhaps building it into the crankshaft... in the middle.)

Just because of this post...there are german engineers trying to figure out how to put it inside the transmission oil pan right now.