Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

xzzy posted:

Isn't that because the emissions fix isn't in yet? Once that recall goes out and everyone's sporty TDI suddenly loses a percentage of its output those cars are going to be miserable.

I can't imagine it will work like a normal recall either, where you can just ignore it if you want to. Any TDI without the fix is going to be an instant failure on an I/M check.

I'm not getting mine messed with in any way. God bless Florida and its complete lack of emissions checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

scuz posted:

The only bad part about losing Florida to the ocean is that when pictures of North America come up and that peninsula isn't there it's gonna make me very uneasy, but only because it looks different.

Don't forget all the Floridians will have to move somewhere else!

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

xzzy posted:

Based on the link I posted, sea level rise will mostly leave Georgia intact so I predict that's where most of them will end up. Don't expect anyone to really notice any difference.

What's the fastest way to raise the IQ or Florida and Georgia at the same time? Cede Tallahassee!

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I'll have a private island at 13 meters.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

FogHelmut posted:

You mean like when Hurricane Sandy hit NJ and the state taxpayers bailed out the beach front homeowners and rebuilt their multimillion dollar homes? And then also payed to raise the existing houses on stilts, as well as build dunes and other beach reinforcements, which the wealthy homeowners actually fought against the whole time because they didn't want their view disturbed?

Oh God, I had forgotten about that shitshow. Maybe Kevin Costner had the right idea all along.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

It looks like it's swallowing a smaller car.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Jesus, I've never looked at one of those close enough to see how tiny the rear window is.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Drove my brother's '24 Accord last night and it took me forever to figure out the drat thing would turn on it's highbeams automatically if it didn't see cars coming. People heading the other way must have hated me because it always seemed to lag a little bit.

What the hell is the point of that? Is it to help some stupid camera or something?

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Yeah, that was the thing that confuses me. I wasn't in the sticks, I was on a well-lit highway.

Also, this isn't terrible car stuff, but close enough I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

St_Ides posted:

The way GMs turn on their reverse lights when they get unlocked is some of the dumbest poo poo. Makes people slam on their brakes because they think they’re about to get backed in to.

A lot of parking lot confusion makes sense now...