Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Spoiler alert: Blood Ravens are actually Hiigarans who got sucked into the warp, were sent back in time to fight in WWII against the Panzer Elite, then stole a nazi time machine to go into the future and save mankind from an army of Lobster-Elephants and other impossible creatures.

Rated R.

Dave Inc. posted:

Oh god I never want to be close to the target of one of these things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU32sKRB_uw&feature=related

From awesome to terror in 30 seconds.

Jesus christ it'd be like fighting a dragon. Explosions and then a loud roar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Spoiler alert: Blood Ravens are actually Hiigarans who got sucked into the warp, were sent back in time to fight in WWII against the Panzer Elite, then stole a nazi time machine to go into the future and save mankind from an army of Lobster-Elephants and other impossible creatures.

Rated R.

orange lime posted:

I think the solution is "tow to shallow water, slide ramp underneath, slowly winch out at an angle with water pouring out". Maybe add a "punch hole in lower end" to speed it up. If you're only ever lifting a few inches of water at a time, I'm sure you could do it with a Jeep or something.

Alternatively you could tow it to shallow water, drill one hole in a corner near the bottom, and one on the top. Attach air compressor, pump water out, tow to land with a jeep.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.
Speaking of mining accidents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5v7PEoVbfM

honestly if you're going to park there* I think you deserve what happens.

* it's probably fake

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.
Clearly there needs to be a resurgence of woodgas technology.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

Dave Inc. posted:

There's a fun test you can do of this. Take an empty can of soda, stand it upright on a flat, hard surface. Now grab hold of something to steady yourself and gently stand on top of it, if you do it right it will be able to hold your weight.

Now have someone ever so slightly touch the side of the can. It will immediately implode and you'll come straight down.

It's pretty neat. Vessels can hold lots and lots of pressure, but drop them below atmospheric and it's bad news.
I'm not sure that is so much a test of pressure as it is an example of the strength of a cylinder. I've done that before though to impress my younger cousins because I am a huge science nerd.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

Crustashio posted:

Nothing bad can happen if I leave my car on stands overnight, right?

Power Fist: Stronger than the ground it rests on.

[edit]
Push your safety tabs in!

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.

Bugdrvr posted:

Does Hawk at least include a warning on the box? If not that's kinda lovely. It's not like destroying the finish on your wheels would be expected even if they are raceish pads.

Raceish? Aren't the Hawk Blue considered "Track Only" pads? you think that'd be warning enough.

[edit]
There is a warning on TireRack that says:

TireRack.com posted:

SPECIAL NOTE: Due to the aggressive nature of the Hawk Performance Motorsports Compound pads, they are not recommended for street use

Nothing about ruining your wheels if the dust touches water, but again the "Track Use Only" and Special Note should be enough of a warning for you.

Blocko fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Rated R.
I still do not have a Dremel. I ask for one for every holiday involving gifts, but nobody ever takes the hint :smith: