Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aliass
Dec 25, 2008

pimpedlightsaber posted:

no poo poo, christ I jumped a curb at 40MPH in my Celebrity, all I needed was a new rim and an alignment.

Subaru's are the same, my mother drove over a curb going 60 (cut a corner) and kept driving for 10km afterwards with a completely flat/destroyed tyre. The suspension was still good.

Can I post pictures of electric motor failure? As i see some pretty epic stuff on a regular basis. Can anyone say 250mm diameter snapped shafts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aliass
Dec 25, 2008

Skyssx posted:

I was surprised that I didn't even get halfway to the bump stops when I completely filled my bed to the rails with wood this summer. We packed it tightly, too. If you're rubbing, you're probably at double your payload rating.

I dunno about that , i put 1040kg into a 98 hilux. The rear axle is rated for 1750kg but the wheels were only 1.5 inches away from scrubbing on the wheel wells.

Hummer H2's are TINY inside at least the one i sat in. Plastic interior, cheap seats and i had more space in my lovely mitsubishi magna.

Aliass
Dec 25, 2008

Krakkles posted:

Guessing this is the rating as the truck hits the scales, not "in the bed".

Yeah i guessed that when the sidewalls touched the ground :S. Bout the same time an old bloke asked me if id ever seen leaf springs go the wrong way round.

Aliass
Dec 25, 2008
I had recently heard of an amazing mechanical failure but alas i was to late to get pictures. My friends car managed to throw not a rod or a piston but half a camshaft!

The intake cam somehow managed to break in half and partially eject itself out of the block? Everyone including the wreckers who picked it up was totally stunned by it.