Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
The best is when it's someone in a raised up pickup with improperly aimed $60 Canadian Tire headlights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Was his excuse for not changing it "it's a rover it doesn't need to be changed like your :smuggo: commoner cars

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Powershift posted:

I don't wish to alarm you, but caterpillar isn't a very forward thinking company.

They're EPA 2008 highway diesels were so terrible they pawned the design off on international hoping they would sort it out. They then designed a highway truck using the engine without the thought that international might not be able to make it work despite the fact that international is TERRIBLE.

Now they're putting cummins emissions systems onto a navistar engine into their caterpillar truck.

As someone who doesn't know, why is international terrible?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

These cheap assed owners are not just limited to cars. Somehow they think paying any amount of money means that they have things that last forever, and will bring up price at any opportunity.

"I paid $500 for this laptop why doesn't it work"

"Why can't my XYZ do this, it cost $1500."

"What do you mean my iPad can't do ___, it cost $500."

"Why do I have to perform ABC maintenance on my car, it's a BMW. And BMWs are expensive. Do you know how much I paid for this?"

"Do you like my coffee table? It only cost $3000 but that's alright I can afford that."

These are also the people who always refer to all of their items by name: "oh I left my iPhone in my bmw."

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

6675636b20796f75 posted:

What the gently caress?

Really lovely balancing. Think heavy spot + valve in the same place. A good place would remount it and not have to use all that weight.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Naw it would be "The most amazing plane fuselages you've ever seen in a place you'd never expect that will blow your mind and make you lose faith in humanity and brown manual diesel wagons."

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

I enjoyed TTAC's assessment of the new malibu.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/07/review-2015-chevrolet-malibu-eco-ls/

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Why is it that only Lexus has managed to make cars that are both good at crash protection and have any form of visibility these days?

You can sit in a new IS and still expect to see out of the rear passenger side window, And it gets 5 star whatever ratings.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

princess auto is sort of like harbor freight.

canadian tire is sort of like princess auto meets london drugs.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

if you don't like presidents choice, then i have several words that will change your mind and also your life:

Presidents Choice White Chedder Macaroni and Cheese

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

CharlieWhiskey posted:

If they didn't go for lighter and cheaper components, RVs would cost what firetrucks cost.

You say that like it's a bad thing

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Reminder that many Japanese and German cars have had the shark fin antenna or one that is hidden, and neither will be ripped apart in a car wash.

American Cars In The Year 2016.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

The bmw ix is the ugliest car made in the last 20 years

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

the way the headlights aim is also way better, and visibility up front as well.

basically all trucks should be like this

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Do they still do those huge long convoys of trucks pulling several trailers across the country?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

the worst one is the one in the current ford f150.

it's still a big stick in the center console, except it also folds down out of the way if you're just working inside the truck.

it's obviously computer controlled, so why is there a need for such a huge shifter, even gm's dash mounted thing is a better solution for working inside the truck

bonus: when it first came out, there were reports that the shifter would get jammed in the down position

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

spray foam has taken over from the previous worst product for fixes, which was just household silicone.

we are long past the days of baling wire and duct tape

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm starting to wonder if spray foam is ever used in the correct way.

there is like 1 correct use of spray foam in a can (filling in the gaps in door frames and the wall, or window frames and the wall) and not a single other use for it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Pinto 2 is already here, its tesla, more people have died in tesla battery fires than in pinto fires