Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Collateral Damage posted:

And since it's an aircraft, I bet there are regulations saying you can't just go ask someone to hammer out a sheet metal spinner for you instead.

There’s a process for “owner-produced parts” that can help, but you certainly can’t get someone to hammer out a sheet metal spinner because that doesn’t conform to the original design of shittily resin-impregnated cloth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

got that dawg in him

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Wild EEPROM posted:

Pinto 2 is already here, its tesla, more people have died in tesla battery fires than in pinto fires

Yeah but that was back when the authorities could take action, before they moved everything to an individual risk tolerance model.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Just assassinate whistleblowers.

It’s that easy, folks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Everyone else’s cars should have these whizbang interlocks, but mine should not.

Like, sometimes I want to run the wipers while parked and waiting, but the headlights are not appreciated in that situation.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If it needs another pass, I can bump the stalk to the momentary “mist” position.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

namlosh posted:

I have no idea what vehicle this applies to or how old it is…

Can I drive my Pinto or not?

It’s the CYBERTRVCK.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Arson Daily posted:

i suck at chemistry why would this be bad?

Their engine will rapidly rust from the inside.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Large Testicles posted:

thankfully most manufacturers have finally realized not to have the oil pan/filter as the lowest point of the car anymore. my subframe has saved my rear end a handful of times

There are people who intentionally install longer oil filters that hang below the frame for “more capacity”, and it’s like, buddy, not worth it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

gently caress that poo poo, yo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

`Nemesis posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CyberStuck/s/Evy3voCDtn

Brand new Cybertruck being driven home for the first time has the windshield break, apprently due to a defect, and Tesla wants $2300 to replace it

Regardless of anything else, it’s loving stupid PR for Tesla to squeeze their first five thousand customers like this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS