Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Reminds me of a story my dad told me. When he was at a automotive tech school in the 80's there was a runaway Cat diesel on a test stand. The instructor tried to stop it by putting a phone book on the intake. It sucked it in page by page. Apparently diesels will run on burnt phone books too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

You know, all my life I've been around car parts. My dad was a certified master tech, used to rebuild carbs on the kitchen table. I sort of apprenticed under him in high school, worked in a few shops, and have done all my own vehicle maintenance for 18 years. Until now I didn't know how an A/C compressor worked internally. Just one of those things you take for granted. My mind is blown.