Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

LOO posted:

Again, not so much mechanical failure as "hit by air-to-air missile":

Holy poo poo. Was this plane carrying Admiral Yamamoto, or what? Digging around yielded the following, which matches the damage:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2003/0301-sam-threat01.htm posted:

Although struck by an air-to-air missile, the Hawker 800 carrying Juvénal Habyarimana, the president of Rwanda, shows what a manpad can do. In the late 1980s, the business jet was flying over Angola when an Angolan MiG-23 pilot attacked it with two heat-seeking air-to-air missiles. The first warhead struck the right engine, tearing most of it from the mounts and puncturing the pressure vessel. The second missile locked onto the heat signature of the falling engine, which spared the airplane and the president. After an emergency landing, the Hawker was crated back to the UK and rebuilt to fly another day.

I'd like to think that I live my life in a manner that doesn't piss off anyone else so much that they'd fire a missile at my goddamned airplane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Whenever I see pictures like that, I imagine tiny people working on a normal size engine, all covered in oil and swearing at each other in high squeaky voices.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

Not the cleanest kitchen I've ever seen, but that sure looks like some delicious pudding.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Skyssx posted:

Note there are TWO air filters pictured. This is a common occurrence.

I'm going to find the air filter on my mower when I get home.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Sexual Lorax posted:

I'm going to find the air filter on my mower when I get home.

My WIFE reminded me that we had the fuckin' thing serviced at the end of last season. Good to go.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

DethMarine21 posted:

Yeah I remember reading about this in the trucking thread way back; it's a reactant to lower emissions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdBlue :science:

"AdBlue is the registered trademark for AUS32 (Aqueous Urea Solution 32.5%)..."

So that's the blue stuff they're always dumping on diapers in commercials!

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

nitrogen posted:

related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-JQksYxgM0 (Bill Cosby - 200mph)

:h: you for posting this. Some of Cosby's funniest work, and, even if you only think it's kind of funny, you need to listen to the whole thing. Payoff is worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.