Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Came across this right as it happened - I was literally walking past and there was a loud clunk.

Driveshaft made an unplanned exit from the gearbox when the car turned left off the roundabout.

I stuck around to help the guy because he totally blocked the road. Winching it up onto the recovery truck was wince inducing:
https://i.imgur.com/KQKfniE.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/wudaCWI.mp4

I am assuming it’s not South African and not meant to do that.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Ulf posted:

For a long time I ran a model M keyboard with a string of adapters from AT -> PS/2 -> USB.

Anything is possible especially if you have enough of each adapter to swap and try to find a working end-to-end solution.

Meanwhile now I have a converter to adapt my USB keyboard to PS/2.

PS/2 allows for a hgiher number of simultaneous keypresses (USB tops out at 4 or 5) which is super important in some gaming scenarios.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Arson Daily posted:

Ok I gotta know what those scenarios might be.

I can remember at least one was playing THPS2 on PC with keyboard, needing to hold four buttons for certain directional movements/tricks and then trying to press a 5th and just getting an error beep. There were others but I can't remember, I've made sure to havea keyboard that supports full n-key rollover (you can press every button simultaneously if you want and they'll all be read correctly) for more than 10 years now so it's just a non issue any more.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

They are for trying to make other people think you are a big strong boy.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Holy loving poo poo volume warning please.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

For some reason the scale on this fucks with my eyes. To me it could easily be a model truck, despiter the evidence that it clearly isnt.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

When you want your IRL car to have those RTX reflections too.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

:siren:DANGER TO MANIFOLD:siren:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Unpopular Opinion:

I quite liked my Jaaaaag’s rotary drive selector -

It was a decent solution and it looked cool when it popped up when the ignition came on. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I just drove home from the airport at 1am in my GFs ‘19 Civic and was actually surprised how well the auto dimming worked. Didn’t seem to lag that much on the dimming, the only criticism I have is that it turned on the high beams a couple times when I could see a car was gonna be coming round a bend, so it then turned them off again after half a second.