Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

Yeah, you’re not supposed to look at the screen exclusively. You’re supposed to glance at it to see if there’s anything in your blind spot.

Complaining that it shouldn’t exist is like complaining that mirrors shouldn’t exist because people will use them instead of turning their heads.

With the introduction of additional driver aids, there is a net reduction in driver awareness regardless of what you're "supposed" to do.

I'll admit that with blind spot indicators I'm not really checking every time, but that was only after rigorous testing in different driving conditions to sufficiently vet their effectiveness.

Newer generations will only know the new stuff, we are doomed to bring sideswiped by 'naughts' that SWEAR their blind spot indicators were off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Fart Pipe posted:

That looks a lot like when I blew up my 283. I think it dropped a valve but I had my foot to the floor when it happened and there was hardly any large pieces of piston left, haha.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Saw this out & about today. Scion tC vs. Dodge Calibur (Pacifica?)? :fuckoff:

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

MrYenko posted:

One of the more ironic things about Titanic is that due to the design of her watertight compartments, she may have survived had the crew done nothing, and simply rammed the iceberg head-on. Damage to the first two or three compartments would probably have been survivable. (She was designed to survive flooding in the first four, but the actual damage incurred was across the forward six compartments.)

The original "head on would have been better than small overlap" collision.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Around 27 years ago had a Chevy Sprint (think the predecessor to the Geo Metro).

Lived in farm country and going home from HS, a farm tractor turned into me while I was passing him. I sideswiped a speed limit sign that bent the car in the half. Fortunately I was able to crawl out the passenger side because all the glass was shattered. Speed limit sign was a-ok.

To be young again.

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me but only 15 years ago in a 2000 Chevy Malibu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Not embedding because big, but yet another rolling mill losing its poo poo, coupled with someone being asleep at the emergency stop switch.

https://gfycat.com/PoliteOpulentChrysomelid

Ghostbusters sequel makers take note