Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
Seems like you'd be able to stop it with something as simple as a small cannister of c02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

KelvereseAysen posted:

A fire extinguisher aimed straight at the intake, maybe?

I bet you could install one of those tiny 9oz paintball cans to the intake triggered by a simple sensor/logic device.
Is the ingnition switched off?
Is the crank sensor indicating >3,000 rpm?
YES. YES. FIRE THE THE C02!!

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

KelvereseAysen posted:

I wouldn't trust one of those to not blow the burst-disk in that heated environment. I've had all of them, from 3.5 to 24oz canister blow burst disks simply by sitting out in the sun on a summer day.

Well if a manufacturer were going to engineer it in as a safety feature, I'm sure they'd have a better solution than a spare paintball tank :D I kinda want to do an experiment now, though... but I think some more research is in order!

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

KelvereseAysen posted:

Yea, but Brain... Where are we going to find a spare 6BT?

It's all a question of MAF. It should scale reasonably well to any engine and any MAF. Things like unexpected friction due to heat and momentum due to the mass of moving parts are going to be why you just use way more C02 than even a scaled test indicates would be sufficient.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

KozmoNaut posted:

Let's see, page 34 "Fuel mixing guidelines":

"For usage of discarded phone books, mix 6 parts paper with 2 parts used engine oil, 1 part paraffin, 1 part coal dust. Set fuel quality lever to 4. Allow engine to suck in loose sheets as needed."

:haw:

Sounds like a B-52 flight manual.