Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Thank you for posting, that, I've been looking for that picture for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

STR posted:

Teslacams always have that weird sepia tint to them, what's up with that?

Because they use ancient webcams.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Wombot posted:

Not being a Tesla defender, but that actually might be down to how the sensor is configured. I have a couple security cameras that if I set them to wide dynamic range, they take on a similar tint. WDR helps when there's lots of lights and shadows to expose details that might otherwise get crushed or blown out.

They are straight up using the wrong type of camera for the task. It's a deprecated camera that was meant to be used inside the cabin as a driver alertness sensor. Tesla instead decided to use as an exterior camera that is supposed to magically perform all the tasks that lidar, radar, and ultrasonic sensors would do in a car built by sane people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Must have missed lug nut day.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's a race modification. Until they switched to titanium feelers a few years ago, F1 cars had a plank of wood mounted under the car to make sure cars weren't being run too low. The plank was measured after the race and it needed to be above a certain thickness.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe they are worried about the vibrations that come with driving might crack the solder.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

MRC48B posted:

My shitbox honda requires Aerospace Grade workmanship.

I follow NASA standard 8739.4 when I plug my ipod into the aux jack.

That better include replacing the battery with a bunch of AA batteries since they can be space rated.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dude hit the after burners.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Trailer brake sounds like something expensive I'd have to add to the trailer that my buddy made out of welded steel and wood planks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think it's usually that the person went into debt, couldn't pay, and fled the country to avoid jail time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My dad's car that was his grandfather's had a bumper mounted hitch. Granted, the bumper is made of steel and is bolted to the frame.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Do any of these fuckers ever blast into the gas station and have like a huge cum shot

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What a genius move to drive around a bunch of dried plants in a car that gets really hot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

First snow of the winter here rules, lots of big huge pickups hanging out in the ditches of every highway facing the wrong direction. Either first time winter drivers or people who don't learn I guess

Same but for literally any time it rains in central Texas. The roads are slippery from dust and oil, and everyone has bald tires.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
We had a Hawaiian Punch big wheel.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess Australia didn't have any immigrants to sacrifice to the railroad?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ok, so you don't support the WGA strike, but what happened to your brakes?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ferremit posted:

Nothing will make you quite as aware of the exact location of your fire extinguisher at every moment as welding suspension components on a trailer full of straw bales cos you can’t unload it without fixing the suspension first…

Was there also someone throwing sawdust in the air?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I always would have accepted the "grandma is recording me" style "hooray!"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So that guy just constantly drives around with a check engine light because the fuel tank can't seal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You shouldn't run the afterburners that long.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

sirbeefalot posted:

Does nobody charge their crystals anymore??

It's hard to find a good JO bud.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

freeedr posted:

My brother used to joke that the emblem in the middle of his steering wheel was designed to be launched off by the airbag at speed in order to euthanize you quickly in the event of a crash. He joked, but it was right on the airbag seam, so ???? maybe?

I think those are usually just painted foil.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

kastein posted:

Please no one tell the Tesla bros about how if you use regular steel brush or wool on stainless it can make it rust, in the worst most blotchy ugly way possible

I need to see them find out the hard way

Why would you use those things on a car in the first place?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did someone dump mercury on that or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The original part was only 75% impregnated with resin, and this new part is 98%. This plane is grounded until you get an appropriate part.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Wild EEPROM posted:

Pinto 2 is already here, its tesla, more people have died in tesla battery fires than in pinto fires

Crazy. Apparently 27 people died who had their deaths tied to a Pinto fire. Internet says 80-95 people have died in Tesla fires.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Now it's just normal for companies to set aside the money they think they'd need to pay out for lawsuits and invest it ahead of time so they come out ahead.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I'm the ghost of bearing grease long past

The grease it should have had is currently being used on a tow ball and receiver I saw in a tiktok earlier.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

people that wire up bright reverse lights to flash people are not smart or good and should have their licenses revoked and their vehicles crushed hth

There was a guy on a forum who wanted help wiring his reverse lights to always be on because he thought it looked cool. He also attacked anyone who tried to tell him he was an idiot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think it's usually two mirrors.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

We were excavating behind the roundhouse of a local rail yard and found a flintstones piston that's gone through hell. Almost looks like a fossil.

It's clearly a piston, but why would it be made of a mineral/ceramic substance like this?

They didn't have any iron, because of the war.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I blame that on gauge clusters that are pretty much just big screens now. My car has physical gauges and they only light up when my headlights are on. If I can't see my speedometer, that means my headlights aren't on. If I look at a fully bright tablet display and the car has LED running lights, I could easily see someone not realizing their headlights aren't on.

Unless the power for the sensor for the headlights is physically switched off by setting the headlights to off, the car should know that it is dark and the headlights are off. When it detects that, it should put a "headlights off" symbol on the dash.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 12, 2024

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Darchangel posted:

I am fully sick of seatbelt warnings that act like you are killing a thousand puppies.
gently caress you, I'm adult and can choose when to wear it (I always do on the road, but sometimes you're just moving around a parking lot or something... DINGDINGDINGDINGDING every 60 seconds is amazingly annoying, Ford.)

Now imagine you have a brother in law who just doesn't want to wear a seat belt.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

tater_salad posted:

And they all clapped and went to yell at kids at Starbucks about how they can't afford a house because of their coffee purchases.

Then posted on facebook that millennials are destroying starbucks by making coffee at home to afford their mortgages instead of spending money at starbucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If it is someone dumb enough to run pool water through their engine, it's probably someone dumb enough to not know their pool needs chemicals.