Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
16 cylinders
8.4 liters
695 hp

1991 Accord
1997 240sx
2005 Miata
2016 WRX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
So if his gas pedal wasn't stuck and he faked this episode, what is the endgame? Get on the local news, impress girls at the bar about the time you couldn't control your car? I'm not saying I believe him at all I just can't understand the motive for faking this.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Those scenarios make sense, but they seem so easily debunked only an idiot would attempt them.

I guess I have my answer.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
That's a really cool project and all but it doesn't seem like enough extra space to be worth all that effort.

Kinda like cutting your car in half for a couple more inches of legroom.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Enourmo posted:

Wiki says it's going from 540 to 608 passengers, which is about 13% more. That's 13% more revenue per trip, assuming they can keep it filled, for what's probably a minor increase in operating costs once the job is finished. And this surgery is probably cheaper than scrapping it and building a new, larger ship.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess I'm just imagining how cool it would be to take it to stretch limo type proportions.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
It isn't proper how far this has propagated.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I drive a Transit for work and plug a GoPro in to charge all the time. It's never caused the power steering to fail.

It failed all on it's own lol.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
When mine went out I never got an explanation from management other than "computer bad". At least I don't have to worry about dealing with it.

Other than that the Transit has been a pretty good and reliable vehicle.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I recently got a new Transit after putting 100k on my previous one. The new one was delivered with a dent in the roof, water in the one of the tail lights, a gouge in the bumper where someone clearly hit something, a dead battery, a broken window switch and rear doors that don't close fully without slamming them. Probably a Friday afternoon build.

Better than a Dodge ProMaster though haha.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
If it has a breakdown it goes from being a drift car to adrift car.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Proof a project car doesn't have to be a money sink.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

You think they own it or are just Carolina squatting?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
When are we gonna see the first cybertruck that's purposely corroded into a hipster patina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Those 80-95 still love the car though. Elon says so.

They wouldn't have stayed in the fire if they didn't love their Tesla.