Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kibner posted:

Task tray in bottom right. Also, in the devices screen in the settings app.

I'm not seeing it in the tray.

It does show up in the devices menu, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Picked up cyber Monday M800 Ultra and really like it. Thanks thread.

Also, is a used mint pro x super light 1 for $50 worth it?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Shaocaholica posted:

Also, is a used mint pro x super light 1 for $50 worth it?

How used? Logitech switches are hit or miss. I personally can kill a logitech click in 3 months. So unless "mint" means its been in a box most its life, yeah, how used?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
No discernible use marks. 3mo old. Not sure I can get much more info than that.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Shaocaholica posted:

No discernible use marks. 3mo old. Not sure I can get much more info than that.

Its probably safe at that price then. Its 50 bucks and if the mouse has no visible wear on the plastic its probably ok.

Hell maybe you can get em to give you a screenshot of a receipt, then logitech will cover the poo poo if it does gently caress up.

EDIT: So my Pwnage Stormbreaker Nacho edition has a squeaking issue in the right click. And it seems to be a common oops on this one. Fun!

Folks this is why you don't buy magnesium mice unless you are willing to gently caress with poo poo or can deal with some bullshit in some way.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 4, 2023

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Whoops wrong thread

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 5, 2023

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

viper v2 pro mouse wheel is dying after a year :bravo: at least it's in warranty

after optical switches we need someone to figure out a more reliable wheel mechanism

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Any decent alternatives to the G305 in the same ~$30 price range (sale price, but it seems to be on sale half the time)? Nothing wrong with the G305 just considering the options. Want to buy my brother a solid wireless mouse.

e:
the Razer DeathAdder V2 X HyperSpeed is sub $40 atm, and I see it has two extra buttons (index finger ones, which I love).

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 6, 2023

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Any good smaller companies making wireless mice? I remember Nixeus and Dream Machines made some of my favorite ambi mice with really good sensors, despite not being very well known. Unfortunately I don’t think I can go back to wired mice.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

tildes posted:

Any good smaller companies making wireless mice? I remember Nixeus and Dream Machines made some of my favorite ambi mice with really good sensors, despite not being very well known. Unfortunately I don’t think I can go back to wired mice.

Every small company I've seen so far has terrible rear end customer service and depending on the mouse, questionable quality control.

With that said. If I was gonna buy an smaller non ergo right now, it'd probably be a Beast X. The new pink and blue looks amazing and its under 40 grams. I've also seen less QC issues than I have other magnesium mice.

I'm a magnesium slut now. Sorry.

https://www.wlmouse.com/products/beastx?variant=46391224500522

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EbolaIvory posted:

Every small company I've seen so far has terrible rear end customer service and depending on the mouse, questionable quality control.

With that said. If I was gonna buy an smaller non ergo right now, it'd probably be a Beast X. The new pink and blue looks amazing and its under 40 grams. I've also seen less QC issues than I have other magnesium mice.

I'm a magnesium slut now. Sorry.

https://www.wlmouse.com/products/beastx?variant=46391224500522

Wait, where is it under $40? I see it listed as $140.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Kibner posted:

Wait, where is it under $40? I see it listed as $140.

Where did I say its 40$?

40 Grams broski. As in weight.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EbolaIvory posted:

Where did I say its 40$?

40 Grams broski. As in weight.

Oof. My reading comprehension has gone to poo poo lately. Bad sleep for multiple months will do that, I guess.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe my post about sub $40 mice right before that, added to the confusion.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

A local store has a brown box (OEM?) Of a razer deathadder v2 pro for less than 1/2 what Amazon sells for.

Worthwhile?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

slidebite posted:

A local store has a brown box (OEM?) Of a razer deathadder v2 pro for less than 1/2 what Amazon sells for.

Worthwhile?

Depends on the warranty support of the brown box. It could be refurbished? I'd risk it if I wanted the mouse but I'm also happy to tear into stuff to replace switches and whatnot if I have to.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Rexxed posted:

Depends on the warranty support of the brown box. It could be refurbished? I'd risk it if I wanted the mouse but I'm also happy to tear into stuff to replace switches and whatnot if I have to.

Basically this.

Razer IMO has poo poo warranty/customer service. I've had pretty crappy results and its why I don't run anything razer anymore. Well that and the software they force you to use is hot garbage, but thats another topic all together.

If you REALLY want that mouse, go for it and if it shows up "like new" otherwise, cool.

If not, Buy a clone.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
My Logitech Pro X sometimes skips a centimeter on the screen, as if it chugged and didn't take input for half a second. Using a usb3 port, wireless. Happens maybe once an hour.

Does that sound like a mouse issue or something else?

I'm switching it over to a usb2 port now. According to https://joltfly.com/mouse-latency-test/, that takes me from 6.25ms small delta to 6.60ms. :confused:

Edit: There's a monitor refresh rate limitation on most browser tests for mice.

https://zowie.benq.com/th-th/support/mouse-rate-checker.html, however, shows 1000 hz.

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 9, 2023

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

PirateBob posted:

My Logitech Pro X sometimes skips a centimeter on the screen, as if it chugged and didn't take input for half a second. Using a usb3 port, wireless. Happens maybe once an hour.

Does that sound like a mouse issue or something else?

First thing I'd do is move the wireless dongle away from everything else. If you have a small extension put it on that and get it away from your other USB ports/devices. Also keep your cell phone away from the dongle. (This is probably the issue. I've had that happen quite a bit until I realized certain devices were making my mouse do the skip)

IF that don't sort it. The rabbit hole could get deep. Pop open task manager or something and see if any system stuff spikes when it happens.

If its happening in the same spot on your mat make sure theres no weird spot in your mat. I doubt this is the case but hey, worth mentioning. :)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

EbolaIvory posted:

Well that and the software they force you to use is hot garbage, but thats another topic all together.

Forced software? No thanks.

Appreciate the insight though folks.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

slidebite posted:

Forced software? No thanks.

Appreciate the insight though folks.

https://www.razer.com/synapse-3

Its that. Need it to "control things".

Almost every mouse has some kind of software. Razers just IMO is one of the bulkiest and I just don't like razer as a company so I'm a bit bias.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

A ton of Razer mice have onboard memory now so you only need it once to get it setup and then you can uninstall.

Don’t even think you need an account anymore, theres a process as guest button on the login screen now

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

My G700s' left click died after about a billion years and I ended up getting a G502 Hero. It seems fine except for whatever reason the mouse moves when i click which has been a big pain in the rear end. It's also uncomfortable after using it a long time which are both problem I've never had before. I did some looking and it seems like this mouse might be too small for my hand.

I used
https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/mouse-search

But the mice it suggests aren't really any bigger than the G502.

Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement for the G700s? I looked buying a used one but there are pushing 200$, Apparently I'm not the only person with this issue.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

MrTargetPractice posted:

My G700s' left click died after about a billion years and I ended up getting a G502 Hero. It seems fine except for whatever reason the mouse moves when i click which has been a big pain in the rear end. It's also uncomfortable after using it a long time which are both problem I've never had before. I did some looking and it seems like this mouse might be too small for my hand.

Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement for the G700s? I looked buying a used one but there are pushing 200$, Apparently I'm not the only person with this issue.

I'm another devoted G700 person. Haven't had to replace mine yet, but I've occasionally checked around the other options just in case.

The bad news, a G502 is already a fairly large mouse and there aren't a lot of gaming mice that are substantially bigger. But it may be less about the physical size and more about hand position. The G502 has the side button that's in front of the thumbrest -- are you finding that is altering your grip position? That's a thing I've been concerned about for myself, because I use a very "high" palm grip and I feel like my thumb would be directly on the button.

The other mouse I've looked at as a potential replacement is the Roccat Kone Air XP. Partially that's for the # of buttons, but also the shape seems fairly similar to the G700.

That site seems to have a very limited number of mice in their list. Try looking through rtings instead. The shape comparison tool is IMO way more useful than plain dimensions.

(Also, if you haven't thrown away the G700s, you can try opening it up to clean the microswitch. I've done this multiple times for my G700 to revive a bad left-click.)

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Klyith posted:

I'm another devoted G700 person. Haven't had to replace mine yet, but I've occasionally checked around the other options just in case.

The bad news, a G502 is already a fairly large mouse and there aren't a lot of gaming mice that are substantially bigger. But it may be less about the physical size and more about hand position. The G502 has the side button that's in front of the thumbrest -- are you finding that is altering your grip position? That's a thing I've been concerned about for myself, because I use a very "high" palm grip and I feel like my thumb would be directly on the button.

The other mouse I've looked at as a potential replacement is the Roccat Kone Air XP. Partially that's for the # of buttons, but also the shape seems fairly similar to the G700.

That site seems to have a very limited number of mice in their list. Try looking through rtings instead. The shape comparison tool is IMO way more useful than plain dimensions.

(Also, if you haven't thrown away the G700s, you can try opening it up to clean the microswitch. I've done this multiple times for my G700 to revive a bad left-click.)

Looking at the 2 mice a little more closely it looks like the major difference is in the height. The G502 doesn't touch my palm and the G700 does. I'm guessing that extra contact was giving me more stability.

I'll try cleaning it. When i originally did some research it looked pretty easy just to replace the whole board. I know how to solder but don't know how to unsolder things apparently. I thought it would be easy but it wasn't. Hopefully I didn't cook something on accident when I was giving it a shot and the cleaning thing will work out. Otherwise I'll take a look at that website you suggested.

Thank you kindly.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I would have recommended the G604 as a G700(s) replacement, but apparently that one is already discontinued too, with no successor in sight. Wtf Logitech :psyduck:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tamba posted:

I would have recommended the G604 as a G700(s) replacement, but apparently that one is already discontinued too, with no successor in sight. Wtf Logitech :psyduck:
It's okay, they're making money off releasing endless variants of superlight esports mice instead.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Tamba posted:

Yeah I'm praying that mine doesn't die 'cause finding a replacement is gonna be hard. I actually like it better than the G700/s, too.

The Asus ROG Spatha seems the most interesting option out there, it's very nicely chonky and I quite like the 6-button cluster design - despite it trying to resemble their logo, it seems like it would let you click all buttons easily without moving your thumb. But the lack of a tilt wheel is a bummer, I make heavy use of that.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Do you still have the G700? You can replace the switch if you want to learn how to solder.

Logitech and Razer are both going extremely cheap on the switches they use.

I just replace them with name brand switches when they start to go.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
All you G700 people.

Is the MX Master not a decent replacement as far as size goes?

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/mice/mx-master-3s.910-006557.html

Looks quite similar.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Bondematt posted:

Do you still have the G700? You can replace the switch if you want to learn how to solder.

Logitech and Razer are both going extremely cheap on the switches they use.

I just replace them with name brand switches when they start to go.

Yeah I still have it. I know how to solder I just don't know how to unsolder things. I think I have some of that weird paper stuff someplace that's supposed to absorb solder that might help out.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I'm an idiot. Bought 2 used Superlight1s only to find out I don't like the profile. Replaced the old feet and cleaned them out from the inside while I had the screws exposed. Will put them up on SAmart next week. PM me if interested in the mean time.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

EbolaIvory posted:

All you G700 people.

Is the MX Master not a decent replacement as far as size goes?

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/mice/mx-master-3s.910-006557.html

Looks quite similar.

Yes in terms of size (I use one for work), but the number of buttons is probably not enough if you want to replace a G700

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Tamba posted:

Yes in terms of size (I use one for work), but the number of buttons is probably not enough if you want to replace a G700

Same here and I agree. The side wheel is much better than the tilt wheel for scrolling through tabs/windows/whatever, but it's pretty much useless for gaming since it's smooth rather than ratched. And there are only three thumb buttons besides that plus an awkward one on top.

Excellent productivity mouse though. I'd like to try a vertical mouse but other than that I have no complaints.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The MX Master has a very different profile than a G700, or pretty much any other gaming mouse. I don't think you can use it any way but a full palm grip, with the extreme amount of back hump.

Works if that's your grip style. (And for non-gaming that's probably best -- lot of sweaty gaming grips are terrible ergo.)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I was using a Master (1) alongside the G700 I used for gaming, it's fine for "office" use but yeah, not quite comparable as a full time replacement.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
Ok thats all fair. I'm just out of the loop on mice that big tbh and it looks like it fits the bill.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Thank for recommending the MX Master I think it's gonna work out. It's a bit taller and the grip is quite a bit different but in a way i think I can used to. At the very least it's more comfortable and I'm not getting the wiggle anymore.

NihilCredo posted:

Same here and I agree. The side wheel is much better than the tilt wheel for scrolling through tabs/windows/whatever, but it's pretty much useless for gaming since it's smooth rather than ratched. And there are only three thumb buttons besides that plus an awkward one on top.

Excellent productivity mouse though. I'd like to try a vertical mouse but other than that I have no complaints.

At least with the MX Master 3S the scroll wheel isn't an issue as it's this neat sort of hybrid scroll wheel (it doesn't have tilt clicking (if that's what you meant) but does have a normal middle mouse) where it ratchets up to about a medium flick and then goes smooth scroll if you give it more speed. It's actually really neat and easy to get used to. The side scroll is a bit weird since the middle mouse wheel is fine. I have found it useful for 'accurate' scrolling when doing 3D work or video games.

I was gonna say I have no clue what the button on the top of the mouse does since it didn't feel like a physic switch for mouse wheel modes. Apparently 'smart switch' for the scroll wheel.

"5/30/22, 10:37 PM Getting Started - MX Master 3S – Logitech Support + Download
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/5218056588311-Getting-Started-MX-Master-3S 3/8
Switch modes manually
You can also manually switch between modes by pressing the mode shift button.
By default, mode shift is assigned to the button on top of the mouse.
In the Logitech Options+ Software, you can decide to disable smart-shift if you prefer to stay in a single scrolling mode and always
shift manually. You can also adjust the smartshift sensitivity, which will change the speed required to automatically shift into free
spinning."

So you can reassign the button and mess with that hybrid scrolling sensitivity or disable it entirely and lock into one or the other.

I had some issue with mouse lag with the dongle plugged into the back of my computer (-6 feet with a think desk, a monitor, and the side of my computer case 'in the way'). Luckily I have a keyboard with a USB port so I just stuck it in there and it totally solved that issue. It's also Bluetooth but I'm not sure if that would be better.

I can't 100% recommend it as a direct replacement for a G700 but it's the closest thing I've tried. In all honestly if I had a tiny bit more disposable income I'd bit the bullet and just buy a G700 off Amazon for 180$ or whatever they are going for. It was the best mouse I've ever used though my need might not really be normal.

edit: I should add that at least with this model I can still do the claw grip. The mouse buttons are sort of 'floating' so you can press done anywhere to click them and the button goes back like a 3rd of the total length of the mouse. so if you scoot your grip back a bit you can get over that weird hump while clawing pretty comfortable. Not as comfortable as the G700 of course.

01/01/2024 edit:
This is a while back but I just noticed there is another button on the thumb rest. I took me so long to notice because it's beneath the rubber grip of the back part of the mouse and it's not in a useful position for me. My thumb rests on the sort of the tip of the thumb rest and I have to move my thumb back and roll it a bit to hit the button.

As an update on some of the stuff I said I'm not completely used to it and it's super comfortable. Now that I've adjusted to the weird shape I think I like it better than the G700. I use it all day ever day and I haven't had to charge the battery yet so it seems goo don that end. It also doesn't get crust like the G700 did so I have to clean it a lot less.

MrTargetPractice fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 1, 2024

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i'm looking to replace my MX518 with something wireless. I'm planning on trying out a Razer Viper V2 Pro, Razer DeathAdder V3, Razer Basilisk V3 Pro, Logitech Pro X Superlight and a Logitech G502 X Lightspeed. is there anything else I should be considering for a gamer-ish wireless mouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

i'm looking to replace my MX518 with something wireless. I'm planning on trying out a Razer Viper V2 Pro, Razer DeathAdder V3, Razer Basilisk V3 Pro, Logitech Pro X Superlight and a Logitech G502 X Lightspeed. is there anything else I should be considering for a gamer-ish wireless mouse?
I replaced my MX518 with a G502 many years ago and was happy.

I replaced that with a G502 X Lightspeed this spring and have been even more happy. I would recommend starting there.