Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

Sointenly posted:

Would appreciate some feedback on what you're using as well.

I use a MX518

I don't like wireless because of batteries / price / :tinfoil:input lag:tinfoil:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

Not UNIX posted:

I still use a Logitech MX518

such a good mouse :3:

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

spog posted:

Given that my laptop has bluetooth and hardly enough USB ports, I guess I will go for the BT option.

Nothing wrong with that, right?

Only problem with blue tooth is it tends to make mice cost a lot more. It also tends to make them small. The market for bluetooth mice is people traveling with laptops that have bluetooth.

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

spog posted:

Yeah, I see that they are more expensive; but given the lifespan, it's probably worth it to save the hassle of having to run an extra USB hub.

However, the premium does seem pretty high when compared to manufacturer's home-grown wireless solns. I wonder why?

But once you've done the inital setup, they run pretty smoothly, right? I'd really rather not use up one of my precious USB ports if I can.

My supposedly 'executive' laptop comes with a whopping 3 USB ports. One gets used to run a fan stand. One to plug in a flash drive. One for an external hard drive. One for the blackberry cable. Oh, that's already too many.....

Get a usb hub.

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

Jimmy Smuts posted:

I used to like my MX518 until I realized that it was the cause of an annoying high-pitched noise. Right now I'm using a lightened G5, which is one of the few Logitechs that don't have that problem. Really wish I could use my lightened G500, it's so close to perfect :( .

:ohdear: I just put my mouse up to my ear and was shocked to hear this noise.

Why do the mx518s do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

pugna posted:

I've got a wireless Logitech Performance MX at work and a wired G500 at home and both of them are fantastic. The MX has better software - since the G500 is aimed at gamers it's not quite as flexible in terms of keymappings etc, which is a pain. But aside from that minor niggle, the G500 is awesome. Solid and (adjustably!) weighty, cord that doesn't get all bunched up, awesome adjustable sensitivity, etc. I'd wholeheartedly recommend it.

http://uberoptions.net/

uberOptions: Enable all options on all buttons in SetPoint