Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

MasterWerk posted:

has no one posted this yet? c'mon, mouse nerds... keep up.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/mad-catz-cyborg-rat-hands-on-true-customizable-mouse-madness/

apparently, the physical form of the mouse is adjustable. i like the idea, but the design... wat?

First reaction is to hate the design, but look closely, it sort of makes sense. It looks like that because everything's adjustable. It's full of nice touches, the all metal side scroll wheel, thumb rest, discrete left and right buttons. It's one of the most unoffensive crazy expensive mice I've seen in a while. For once I'm temped to pull the trigger, at least a mouse is something I know will get used far into the future. Considering how many years I've been using this shitass Dexxa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Gigabyte GM-M6880, it feels a little cheap, but for $20, you get rubber grips on the sides and a rubber scroll wheel, designed with at least a minimal amount of effort. It's got a DPI switch right on top that works without drivers (worked on my Mac) that switches between high and low DPI.

I'm cheap and insanely picky and I went into a spiraling depression when my ancient USB Dexxa finally kicked it and in denial I used my laptop's trackpad for a month since I've never managed to use anything as comfortable as the Dexxa, but I've managed to move on WITHOUT buying a 100 dollar mouse.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
What's the consensus on the R.A.T. series, specifically the 7? I've been looking at it for a while, I'm picky about the shape/weight of mice I use so it seems like a good bet. Now that the Mac drivers are actually out I can go ahead and order one.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Not impressed with my G700. The scroll wheel rattles when I move the mouse left to right (not shaking, just normal movement), I can feel and hear it and it's crazy annoying. I kind of wonder if it has anything to do with why Newegg is unloading refurbished models so cheap. I guess I'll complain to Logitech directly first and see if they'll do anything.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

chippy posted:

Hmmm, that might just mean it only shows up after a bit of use, but not that they don't all do it.

It was actually a refurb but it didn't look used at all.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
So I like my new G602.
  • Looks way less ugly in person.
  • OS X's scroll acceleration makes the scroll wheel almost unusable, I bought a copy of USB Overdrive to enable line-by-line scrolling but it's stupid Logitech shipped it like that.
  • Scroll wheel has decent feedback. Just the right level of resistance.
  • No side scrolling! This is a good thing.
  • It's been only a day and the (included, non-rechargable) battery is down to 3/5. Wireless is the only option, there's no USB.
  • Rubber pad on the back half is pointless. I'm sure it'll wear really bad over time.
  • Terrible software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Jan posted:

Are you running it in performance (blue) mode all the time? I've had mine for a bit over a week now and it's still full. This is running in energy efficient mode all the time, save for about eight hours of Bioshock.

Yeah I am, I don't play any serious games but there's a noticeable difference between both modes for desktop use and I prefer performance. Also I just checked the Logitech app and the battery is now 5/5 so :confused: