Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

StupidFatHobbit posted:

Yeah the revolution is pretty awesome, once you free scroll you will never go back. Just buy one already. Works just fine for heavy gaming too, including competitive FPS games. Plus having a potential five buttons on the thumb is pretty awesome.

I had the VX Revolution for the longest time and I loved it. Then one of my laptop's 4 USB ports stopped working for no reason, so I decided to go Bluetooth. I really wish there were better Bluetooth mice out there.

I'm using this one at the moment. Not too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Okay, I'm looking for a new mouse, since my Microsoft bluetooth mouse is starting to fade. I don't need 100 buttons, but an easy-to-press middle middle button is a must.

I'm looking for a wireless mouse. I only have 3 working USB ports, so Bluetooth is preferable, but if it is that much worse than RF then I guess I'd go with that.

Are there any BT mice that can be hooked up to the PC to recharge via cable while being used? My Intuos wireless can do that, and I think I'd like my mouse to do the same.

I really like my Magic Mouse at work, but I'm not a fan of the 3rd party software I have to use to enable middle-click. I also hear it has terrible Windows drivers.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

So I just ordered a G700 ($65 thanks to a Raptr coupon :toot:), can anyone tell me what setting up the macro keys is like? Is it just macros for a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + #, for example), or is it more complicated than that?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Confounding Factor posted:

For all the Logitech users, do you have SetPoint installed? I'm a little nervous installing it for my G700 since it gave my old G9x alot of issues such as freezing my mouse for short burts (a few seconds). I want to play around with the DPI settings than what's already set on the deafult profiles. Just want to hear from your guys' experience.

I've never had a problem with SetPoint other than the fact that the program detection sucks with the few games I play :argh: