Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It doesn't. The RGB on my mouse is off right now and I haven't turned on Synapse in months.

I think it depends on the device’s onboard memory, my Razer AIO won’t do the rainbow sweep I had set with Synapse closed, only the default color flashing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I get to test a Basilisk V3 Pro for work and I do not expect to like it considering I daily drive a tiny G305

change my name fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 1, 2022

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

change my name posted:

I get to test a Basilisk V3 for work and I do not expect to like it considering I daily drive a tiny G305

Oh no, it feels amazing. The ability to toggle between tactile scrolling, free scrolling, or enable a hybrid mode is also so so good

change my name fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 1, 2022

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

runaway dog posted:

talking about how the thumb button is a paddle like on the basilisk, though to a lesser degree.

For the Basilisk V3 it's just a button. Still kind of too short, I can't comfortably hit it in games unless I'm playing with a claw grip

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm using a medium Steelseries pad with sewn edges I got for $10 and it's pretty good

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082G5BDNC?th=1

Razer Basilisk V2 is on sale for $20, that's a good rear end deal

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Lame. It was $20 directly from Amazon with Prime shipping earlier

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm kind of missing my G305. The Razer Basilisk V3 Pro is amazing but I've been playing a lot of Overwatch 2 lately and it feels so clunky and slow in that game specifically

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

super sweet best pal posted:

I just want to say gently caress logitech mice, they always wear out after a few months. Think I bought this G300s back in July and it's already double-clicking like mad.

Try opening it up and cleaning it. I've had my G305 for a year and the back button stopped working until I disassembled it and wiped the innards down (which involved replacing the skates because the screw holes are under the stickers...)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Well, the back button on my Logitech G305 has finally crapped out entirely even after cleaning so I pulled the trigger on a Corsair Sabre Pro Wireless for $40. It should be way better because I can simultaneously connect to my Steam Deck over Bluetooth when it's docked and in use as an HTPC also

change my name fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 26, 2022

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I really like my Corsair Sabre RGB Pro, but after connecting it to my Macbook last week, for some reason the forward and back buttons now only type the numbers 1 and 2 when pressed.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Arivia posted:

That’s Bluetooth. The problem is that basic bitch Bluetooth sucks for a lot of poo poo.

A wireless mouse connecting over a dedicated USB dongle can hit 2000Hz polling rate, or up to 8000 with add-ons (which Razer sells separately, for instance). Bluetooth tops out at 125Hz. There's no such thing as a universal USB-type mouse receiver that companies would be willing to put into a laptop because companies intentionally gate that kind of thing.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Arivia posted:

Yes. I agree, that’s why I said it. There’s already a universal enough wireless standard on most every computer for mice. lovely mice, but it works enough that Mom can get a mouse and just connect it and it works.

Oh no I'm agreeing with you too, just explaining why it isn't commonplace for the above.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Keycrhon just released a wireless mouse, it seems fine for $50 I guess: https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-m3-wireless-mouse

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The G305 rules, I only upgraded because the middle click and side buttons kept dying even after cleaning them out (I went through 2 in 2 years)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Harry Privates posted:

I am finding now that it's just a bit too small to be comfortable for long term use when I work from home and then also game with it after. Seems like the Pro is a bit bigger. I play a lot of FPS games so was thinking the lighter weight would help too.

Otherwise open to suggestions on a great wireless option that would be a big upgrade.

I picked up the Corsair Sabre RGB Pro wireless for $40 on Amazon, it bounces between $40 and $70 so you can get it up for a song if you're vigilant

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Josh Lyman posted:

I've been using a G502 for over 8 years and I think it's time to switch to wireless. I like the shape but I wish it were lighter and I can’t really reach the DPI shift button with my palm grip. The G502 X line seems to address both concerns along with changing to optical switches.

Has anyone tried the G502 X Lightspeed Wireless for $140 or G502 X Plus for $160? It seems like the main difference is RGB on the Plus? In that case, I might as well just get the regular X when it goes on sale.

The G502 X rules and it's down to like $125 now. The only difference between the normal Lightspeed and Plus is the RGB, yes

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

HalloKitty posted:

Is that supposed to be impressive? Logitech reckons the Lift will last 2 years. Maybe the polling rate and resolution is massively greater on the g502x.

They are

I have my Corsair Sabre Pro Wireless set to 2000Hz polling rate and I need to charge it like once every week or two (even with all of the RGB turned off)

You should be able to configure it once in iCue and save your button settings to onboard memory

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Lol I tried to update iCue to fix a mouse issue today and it literally corrupted my Windows install to the point where explorer.exe refused to launch any more

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

DoombatINC posted:

For real I've been using this Steelseries mousepad with stitched edges for almost four years now and it's still in great shape without a bit of rolling or slipping

Seconding this one, it works great and is built like a tank. I've spilled milk/coffee on it multiple times, hosed it off in the shower, and it looks and feels good as new.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

K8.0 posted:

The g305 lightspeed is the cheapest mouse with good performance and good wireless.

It’s also the perfect size for smaller handed folks imo

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

repiv posted:

ironically it was the scroll wheel that died first on my superlight so optical switches wouldn't have helped at all

The middle click on literally all of my Logitech mice has eventually failed after a year or two, it's why I switched to Corsair

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Anecdotal but I've never had a logitech scroll wheel die on me or heard about it loving up for anyone else. It's seems to be solid or better than the rest on that front. The switches however...

I've had it happen to literally every Logitech mouse I've ever owned within a year

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

halokiller posted:

you can also press the xbox button and it will show the battery percentage on a mini taskbar, took me years to figure that out

Crysis put that poo poo in the HUD, what a game ahead of its time

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

K8.0 posted:

People will tell you based on theory that no, it isn't.

Just watching a high speed video of a mouse cursor being moved at various polling rates will demonstrate that you can clearly observe significant improvements on 240 and 360hz displays up to at least 8000hz, and I expect there is some small but real and potentially meaningful benefit even at lower refresh rates.

I can definitely tell the difference between 1000Hz and 2000Hz on my mouse but it's pretty minor and I assume most people wouldn't notice. Also I feel like Keychron's strategy is to just use the same internals while changing the mouse shape, which actually rocks

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Rinkles posted:

What’s the appeal of vertical?

It's more ergonomic to use for long periods because the radius and ulna aren't twisting over themselves all day

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Rinkles posted:

And it succeeds at that for you? Those pains are among the reasons I try to minimize pc use nowadays (back issues being the other).

Oh idk, I don't have one personally but friends do and swear by them

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Keychron added 4000Hz polling to their MX Master clone for only $69, I actually kind of want this one: https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-m6-wireless-mouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I eventually switched to a Corsair mouse because every Logitech mouse I've ever owned has died in less than a year for these exact reasons. RIP, my three G305s