Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Lamquin posted:

This has somehow managed to turn into a "Mouse recommendation thread", so I figured I might ask a mouse-related question here.

Over the last 10 years I've had 3 different mice;

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 - It was a great mouse, but felt a bit too plastic-y. When it one day stopped responding to any rightclicks, I went and got a

Logitech MX518 and it was great. I did get a bit annoyed with the high pitched sound I could hear if I listened for it, but it was nothing major. Then for no reason it began glitching out, randomly disconnected from the PC and Logitech wanted nothing to do with it since it was outside warranty.

Microsoft Habu was the next one up. I've been happy with it, it felt like a updated Intellimouse 3.0. Then my dog takes a bite at the thin wire and look at that, no more Habu. The wires are so thin I don't think soldering will work.

All the mice above have been great to me. I've been thinking about getting a Logitech G500 as a replacement, and the only thing that worries me are the side-buttons that look prone to miss-clicking. I could get another MX518, but the G500 is only ~10$ more here (Sweden). Can someone with a G500 tell me how the side-button feel after having the mouse for some time? :)

The buttons on my G15 are just fine. The one button in the middle on the side isn't really in the way, since the thumb groove is a little lower than it. The other buttons are also placed pretty well. I like having the sensitivity selector thing near the end of the left button, since it's easier for me to hit it there (and that way I don't forget it's there when I need it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

monster on a stick posted:

I'm torn between the G500 and G700. I have this kind of ergonomic shape at work and like it, so something a bit more 'game friendly' would be a bonus. Even though I have too many cables as it is, it looks like the G500 is probably the better product.

Thoughts?

I'm on my second g500 (my first one got that double click problem about two months ago) and I love it. My first one lasted a good 4 years, and is probably still useable since the double click issue cleared up right after logitech shipped my new one. I find it fits my hand really nicely if I palm it, but it also works when i decide to use more of a claw-y grip, too.