Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.

Razer Mamba

Best mouse I've used so far.

Pros:
- L/R buttons are curved so your finger naturally rests in the middle. Pretty comfortable.
- Re-chargeable (with a pretty charging stand :3:)
- No latency when using wireless.
- Solid side button placement.
- Textured surface doesn't get all slick or sticky if your palms sweat.
- Works perfectly on any surface.
- Being able to switch from Wireless to Wired is a godsend (I hated running out of charge mid-game and having to scramble to find a different mouse/batteries).
- Overall solid construction, it just feels sturdy and very well made. No creaking buttons, thin plastic peices, etc.
- Razer has probably the best product presentation of any company I've seen. Just opening the box that the mouse comes in is an experience. (This should in no way influence your decision, but I was pretty impressed with the 'unboxing experience')

Cons:
- Most expensive mouse I've ever purchased. ($~105)
- The sensor range is pretty short (This is more of a transition-based problem, re-learning how far you can pick the mouse up before it loses tracking).
- MY GIRLFRIEND had an issue in Windows 7 where the mouse wouldn't respond after coming out of hibernation. But this appears fixed after installing the current drivers/firmware.
- Installing new firmware was a pain due to Windows7 not liking the driver that is used to install the firmware.

The Deathadder is the Wired-only version of this mouse... so if you really don't care to use Wireless (you should, it works amazing... and I was one of the "Don't use wireless mice for gaming you retard" people before this mouse) you can buy the Deathadder for ~$45.

fake edit: ignore the fact that my front right and surround right speaker are right next to each other... I don't have stands for them so they don't work for my new desk (:(), but I use headphones now anyway.

Wreckus fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.
Yes they are.

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

Full Circle posted:

Stop jizzing in your right hand and your mousewheel won't get all gunked up :)

This is why you should have gotten the Mamba... you can just use it in your other hand (temporarily) because it is wireless.