Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Razer mice are neither heavy nor ergonomic, just FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

GoldenNugget posted:

I have a question about the deathadder.

For some odd reason, I have to now apply a lot of pressure in order to middle click. I'm not sure what the issue is (I hope it's not a broken button). Could someone help me diagnose what the hell is going on? Mousewheel scrolls fine, only the middle click is funky.

Weird, it somehow fixed itself. Maybe just clicking over and over again helped.

Stop jizzing in your right hand and your mousewheel won't get all gunked up :)

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

What's everyone using for a mouse pad?

funcmat archetype 1030 here. Been using the rough side for 4+ years of heavy gaming and I can't really see any noticible wear. Still sticks to the surface of the desk and the mouse still glides across it with the lightest touch.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Wolf on Air posted:

Funcpad 1030, rough side + silicone :flashfact:

Very little stiction.

I've got a 1030 ive used for years now on the rough side and I love it as well. Mind elaborating on the silicone?

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Anybody know of a mouse shaped like the old Razer Boomslang? I had one with serial number 000000125 and it was my most favorite mouse of all time. Thing was built like a tank and it lasted me a good 5-6 years. Looks like Razer isnt making them anymore. I can find used ones but I'd like something new and optical with the same shape.

I see plenty of the updated Boomslang Collectors Editions on ebay between $50-$100

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

WanderingKid posted:

This is the mouse I used to have. :3: If only it had sidebuttons!

Checked out the Xai and it really does look like a Wheel Mouse Optical. Also when I saw this:

My left hand literally just went slack with relief. Why is the Deathadder so tall and wide?

Because many people (myself included) use their mouse by resting their wrist on the mousepad and letting their hand lay over the mouse. The deathadder is almost perfectly conformed to my hand.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

TiCK posted:

Is it easy to make a warranty claim on a logitech mouse? I have a G5 and it seems to stop responding/go dead occasionally. I looked online and it seems to be a somewhat common complaint as the cord becomes disconnected from the inside of the mouse. I also saw that there is a three year warranty. I bought it new through Amazon, I have the proof that I purchased it. I already ordered a replacement which will be here tomorrow, but I love my G5 so much and I am so used to it.

You can claim you owned an mx510 at some point in the past 5 years and logitech support will likely ship you a new g9 the next day no questions asked. I'm only slightly exaggerating.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Just a heads up guys, I'm selling lots of new Razer mice and other peripherals for less than retail over in SA mart:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437068

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

I bought a func archetype 1030 at least 5 years ago and easily put 1000+ hours on it. It's still working better than any other mousepad I've tried. I plan on getting a new one soon, looks like the only remaining source for them is amazon.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

The Razer deathadder is basically a non-lovely version of the Habu.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

For a contrarian opinion, I bought a ratpadz at the advice of a coworker, and replaced it with a razer vespula after about 2 months. The surface is quite abrasive and they way it's designed it is nearly impossible to get the entire surface flat, so the mouse will scrape a great deal depending on hour worn the feet of your mouse are. As for an actual reccomendation, I don't think I'll ever purchase anything aside from a funcmat archetype for as long as they keep selling them. I'm still using the one I bought 5 years ago.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

I love my Naos 3200, but I absolutely cannot recommend them for fingertip grip. I have one for work, but it is strictly a palm grip mouse.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Arnold of Soissons posted:

21 decibels is not exactly whisper quiet.

Er, it is quite literally the loudness of a normal whisper...

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

BusinessWallet posted:

I like the fact that I can turn the stupid lights off, but I was under the impression that it was kind of crapware. I'm not going to remap the buttons, because I can do that in games I play, but I did notice that I can adjust the DPI, so I guess that's nice.

Razer built (what appears to be) new firmware for a large percentage of their devices, including the 3.5g, a few months back. It's much cleaner/user friendly, and doesn't look like something that belongs on a teenagers 1998 civic.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

A lot of people are fundamentally against researching something before they present a fact. The razer drivers require you to sign in a single time and can then be used with full functionality offline, and in fact never bother you at all when not connected. Additionally you can simply use it as a plug and play device (no synapse installed) which still gives you full hardware functionality including adjustable DPI.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

If anyone is on the market for a mousepad the Mionix Sargas 320 is on sale on Newegg for $3 with free shipping if you have shoprunner:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...26988007&cm_sp=

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

How do people feel about mionix?

I got a naos 3200 for work (11 hours a day of constant use) and it cured the aching in my fingers immediately. I've been using one for 6+ months with not a single complaint.

That said I tried using it for gaming and was back to my smaller roccat in minutes, it's just too large and unwieldy for my fast precise gaming.

edit: VVV yeah didn't mean for that last part to sound like I fancy myself some progamer, just that its size really messed up my ability to accurately make fast motions.

Full Circle fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Tunga posted:

Roccat claim that their mice support "16.8million colours" or whatever, but the software only offers a palette of like thirty. Is there a way to get to a proper colour picker? I'm trying to get it to light up in white.

It took me forever to find a color that came out white on mine, when I get home I can post the color combination I used.