Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Can-Goons: The last-gen Razer Deathadder is on sale at Canada Computers for $40 this week. It's 1800 DPI instead of the newest version's 3500 DPI, but I certainly won't notice the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Anyone else with a Razer Deathadder having problems with the scroll wheel's click function? The last few days I've had to press super hard to get the middle-click to register more often than not. I've had this mouse for less than a year, so it'd be drat disappointing if it begins to wear out already. Updated drivers didn't make it any better or worse, as far as I could tell.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
What's the most recent advice on the Razer DeathAdder's "one click registers as two clicks" problem? My mouse is about three years old now and it's gotten to the point where I can't open or close windows properly three times out of four. I'm on the Windows 8 preview so I don't know if that's a problem.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

Actually, no. The Deathadder was kind of a piece of poo poo that stopped working after a year or so. Even before it totally kicked the bucket the scroll wheel stopped working properly. At best it was no better than the Explorer mouse.

EDIT; Mice, keyboards and monitors should outlast your computer internals (physically, at least, personal preference for upgrades obviously plays in) and the only mouse I've owned so far that hasn't met that standard was the Deathadder, which didn't even try.

WARNING, ANECDOTAL: I've had a DeathAdder for running on four years now without any problems, so I guess I'm a little lucky and thankful for it. The weird soft-touch material makes it a horrible dust and oil magnet, though. But I will say that I have just about the same level of responsiveness from the $15 Dell business mice I use at work, so I'll probably get something much simpler whenever I get around to it.