Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

"L-O-V-E's just another word I never learned to pronounce."
Since this seems to be turning into the general mouse thread, if you have a netbook/laptop, this mouse was one of the better purchases I've made in the last few months. Great tracking, wireless, the receiver is tiny, I haven't changed the battery in over two weeks, variable sensitivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

malefactor posted:

:ohdear: I just put my mouse up to my ear and was shocked to hear this noise.

Why do the mx518s do this?

Haha, holy poo poo, me too. I was expecting it to be some sort of unshielded interference issue causing noise over the speakers or something but wow, the actual mouse makes a high pitched noise.

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

Teledahn posted:

Actually scratch that. Not surprised that the goons of SH/SC don't have the requisite lack of sense and loose wallets to buy this.

I'm of the opinion spending ridiculous amounts of money on input devices is more cost-efficient than spending ridiculous amounts of money on other computer-related hardware. Things like monitors, keyboards, mice and chairs will provide a better experience in general if you use your system often, so why not splurge on them?

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

How the hell are you supposed to use the thumb buttons on the G400 as generic buttons in ~*~Logitech Gaming Software~*~ like you used to be able to do with SetPoint? I'm trying to use the rear thumb button as a push-to-talk Mumble key without having Chrome go backwards all the time, but "Set generic" makes them forward/backwards and deassigning them apparently makes Mumble not recognize them as buttons at all. :wtf:

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

So hearing how great their support is, I contacted Logitech by email since it was a weekend to get my roommate's defective brand-new G400 replaced as well as my MX518 with a short. They asked me to confirm all the data (product ID, model ID, serial #) on both mice and said they'd send me a shipping label to send them both back. Sent that info in and they say they don't need me to ship them after all and they'll replace them ("the 'MX400' is no longer available, we'll send you a G400 instead" :psyduck:), then send me two invoices with identical UPS numbers about two hours apart.

I figure this is because they replaced both and put them in the same box, so imagine my surprise when I get a single one a week later, my ticket can't be reopened, and if I generate a new one it's closed with "your original representative will get back to you". I'd call them but it's been two weeks total and I don't want to gently caress around with this any longer when I've got a coupon for 35% off a new one that expires in a few days.

So Logitech support is probably pretty good (and even if it wasn't, I'd still buy another G400), just make sure to call them instead if you have an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

Marklar posted:

Yeah I have an outstanding ticket with them for now. Is calling better?
I've heard from two different people that Logitech hasn't actually ever responded to their email support in addition to having that experience myself so unless you want to wait months for the Legendary Logitech Customer Support Experience of having your product maybe replaced eventually under the terms of the warranty, I'd suggest calling instead.