Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've got an M500 that's about 3 years old, and the pads have decided to run away due to the adhesive going bad; I've only got one left, and it's starting to interfere with my mousing. Does anyone make replacement pads for this thing? I can't seem to find any on Google or Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Aha, I'd seen something similar linked on Amazon UK, but had no luck finding it on the US site (and gently caress paying $35 total with overseas shipping, I could get a new mouse for that.) Many thanks!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've been using a basic mouse (Logitech M500) for the last 8 years, and I'm finally getting something nice. I've got massive hands (8 1/4" L 5"w/ 21cm x 12cm), so size has been my main concern. Here's the short list:

G403 wired - Logitech's done me good, and everyone seems to love it. Wish I could buy a version without the :rice: lighting that I'll just turn off, but I guess that's par for the course for ~~gamer mice~~. On sale right now on Amazon, making it the cheapest of the bunch.
Zowie ZA11/EC1-A/FK1+ - RJN seems to like them all, and they all look pretty similar; is there anything to really choose between them?
Razer Deathadder Elite/Chroma: Elite isn't out yet and costs $70, Chroma is out of stock and is the same price as the 403.

Like I said, I've got these giant meathooks, have any fellow neanderthals used those to comment? Also, one feature I really like on my current mouse is the toggle-able free scroll, it's something I really miss on other mice that don't have it; any of the ones on my list have that feature?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The wireless 403 is $80 even after discount, and I've got an irrational bias against wireless mice; my first experience was with a 2000-era wireless ball mouse that had terrible connectivity and chewed through AA batteries, and even though logically I know that's about as relevant to modern hardware as a Model T, I can't help but side-eye them to this day.

Is the wireless experience that much better to justify the expense?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

My old m500 is kaput, apparently laptop duty and the attendant cord-wrapping every time I put it in my bag was just too much to ask. Looks like I'm shopping for a wireless laptop mouse, any hot tips? I love the m403 on my desktop but I'm not looking to spend that much for a work mouse, something under $50 and not hot garbage would be lovely.

E: also I have giant meat paws so no compact mice (the m403 is still a bit small tbh)

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

My old G403 gave up the ghost about a month back, my bargain bin laptop mouse is just not cutting it on desktop so I'm looking for advice on a new mouse. Performance-wise it did me fine, although the scroll wheel needed annual cleaning to stay functional and was never quite as slick as the first year of ownership.

Ergonomics is my big concern, though. I've got big ol' long hands, and although the 403 was one of the bigger mice back when I was looking, I've found it's not great for my hand over long durations. I end up falling into a really tense claw grip, and before the logitech dying basically enforced a break from gaming altogether, I would frequently end up with a lot of joint pain in my pinky, from pressing it sideways into the mouse to grip it. Do they make bigger mice that someone like me can more naturally use with a palm grip? Are there more ergonomic options that are still nice and responsive without breaking the bank? Reddit posters seem pretty settled on the G Pro X 2 but $150 is a bit rich for my blood.

TLDR

-ergonomics a top priority
-hand length: 22cm from wrist to tip of middle finger
-Budget: <$100 (yes I see the irony in saying that under this particular thread title)
-performance at least on par with a G403