Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Kadin posted:

It's one thing if there was some one-of-a-kind left-handed liquid-fueled telepathic supermouse, but the ones in question don't look that much better than the typical $40-50 jobs.

Maybe they are worth it and I'm missing out on something awesome, but I'm skeptical.

Part of the deal is that a lot of these "100 dollar mice" can be found for $40-50 if you wait for a good sale. My MX Revoution was 40 bucks, and it was worth it at that price. I've seen the g9 and similar price on sale for that much too, and on an equal price footing they generally are much better mice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I normally use the smart scroll, that way I can have my middle mouse button.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Joe Don Baker posted:

For you guys using the Logitech G9, what weight configuration do you use? I have a 4g and 7g in it. I have no idea if it really matters. However, today I changed it up and put all four 7g weights in it. I did notice I didn't play MW2 as well. It's probably all in my head, but who knows.

I've been using all 7g weights. I can't use the higher dpi very well with out the extra weight, for whatever reason.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Saukkis posted:

I'm not sure how I would like that. I think Microsoft had a model with non-centered sensor and I remember reading complaints about it.

Thinking of the Arc mouse, maybe? I know it's positioned at the front of the mouse, and it does wind up feeling a little different than a normal mouse, enough so that I don't like playing games with it (makes a great netbook mouse though). Can't find a decent picture of the bottom of the mouse though and :effort:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Not an Anthem posted:

Seriously endorsing the Microsoft Arc Touch mouse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiL1WDETH_E

Just got my Arc Touch in today, and I'm loving it. Easier to pack in my bag than the original Arc, and the feel is great. Only thing I would change is making the page up and page down taps become forward and back buttons for internet surfing, but I'm still messing around with it to see if that's possible or not.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

GoldenNugget posted:

I'm interested in buying a mouse for my new netbook. What's a good small portable mouse with good responsiveness and battery life if wireless (I really don't want to lug around my deathadder since I'll be traveling a lot in the next few months).

Depending on your price range, either the Microsoft Arc or Arc touch are both pretty awesome.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Not an Anthem posted:

The arc is a piece of poo poo. The arc touch RULES. Posted this a few up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiL1WDETH_E

Eh, I liked my Arc too, but I don't expect much from a $30 mouse either. Just think of it as the budget option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

I've had a Logitech Performance MX for like... a long time now and I just moved. Now if the mouse is used wireless it skips and jumps on occasion, but if I plug a USB cable from the mouse into the computer it is just fine. I took the computer/mouse back to my old place and it works perfectly there. :wtc:

Should I give up and get another mouse because of interference here or is there a workaround that doesn't involve the USB cable?

Bad one.

Could try using an extension cable to move the wireless receiver somewhere better, with a clear line of sight to where the mouse is. I think the Performance MX came with an extension cable for this sort of reason. Even moving the receiver a few inches away from the computer can make a big difference.

e. I use one of these for an open air itx build I have, and it's enough to make the difference between impossible to use and working perfectly. http://cens.com/cens/html/en/product/product_main_38084.html

double edit: Just look at that guy go

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 19, 2011