Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

Rocking a G500 after using a Deathadder and then a G9 for a while. It does feel like a step up from the G9 as far as ergonomics, even if you fancy the 'claw' style. The dpi buttons and hyperscroll switch are in MUCH better spots and the the Forward thumb button isn't set quite so far towards the front of the mouse, making it easier to press. The new button between Forward and Back hasn't been hit by accident at all yet. The only con so far is accidentally hitting the side scroll directions on occasion, which I never did on the G9

I really liked the Deathadder but the software made it annoying to set macros and it didn't have per-application profile support (this was a year or so ago, the don't know if it's been added since). That was kind of a deal killer for me even though it felt and performed great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

I got one of them over the weekend and it's going back Monday morning. There's a lot to like about it like the light weight, robust drivers, and what is probably the best scroll wheel on any mouse I've laid hands on, but the side buttons really kill it. The placement is a bit awkward but on top of that they are pretty stiff. Having stiff side buttons on a very light mouse will cause mispresses of M1/M2 and even move your cursor around quite a bit. This is a huge shame because the Easyshift feature is really cool but nigh unusable when mapped to one of said side buttons.

I'm going back to the Corsair M60 which has problems of its own but nothing I would consider nearly as bad as the Kova+'s side buttons issue.

That said, if anyone knows if Easyshift (holding down one mouse button to give all the others an alternate function) could be replicated in AutoHotKey somehow, I've love to hear about it.