Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

VelociBacon posted:

I actually could never use a bigass mousepad because I need to keep the surface completely clean at all times or I'm extremely distracted and irritated by it. I've seen some beautiful bigass mousepads/deskpads and I love the concept but in execution I'd be pretty bothered by making sure there wasn't any dust or crumbs or whatever other little debris on it.

My big rear end mouse pad is so big it covers the entire desk. It's fantastic. But my God does it ever get and stay dirty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Is this whole thread about mice? I've been using a MX Master 3, it got a lot better after I deleted the software package I'm supposed to use with it. Side scroll works now.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I also bought a Apple Magic Trackpad because I assumed there's no reason for it only to work on Mac, that wouldn't make any sense at all. Apple would just be selling fewer trackpads not more computers.

Wow. I was wrong. I tried to hack it together with weird repositories on github and technically got it working but what a joke. Apple buffooned me.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Ynglaur posted:

Sounds like you need to buy a Mac to go with it. (Working as intended...)

I went to try and sell it and found out there's millions on the second hand market I wonder if I'm not the only one.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Fruits of the sea posted:

Do y'all got any recommendations for ways to black out LEDs on mice? I've got some flavour of logitech mouse that has LEDs turned off in the profile but it still goes bananas for 10 seconds on boot and shutdown. Or perhaps there's a setting in the software that I'm not aware of?

Mouse in question is wired, the sticker says Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse. Not sure if that helps, google image search with that name turns up a ton of mice that all look slightly different. I'm pretty sure half their line-up is actually the same drat mouse with a different colour or shape.

I have the same question because I have a Logitech G Pro something keyboard that during boot doesn't care at all what my settings are. This seems to just be the way Logitech does things.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

De-solder? No, my God no. I was meaning "the company that builds these should". Have it so I can save the rgb configuration on the actual device, at least a way to tell it "use this color everywhere by default if you have nothing else to go by".

Because the current default which is "spit rainbow" is terrible.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

This is a random topic but my MX Master 3 mouse has been having click and drag issues for months. I tried everything but it was like click and hold just never worked, it would repeatedly click non stop, often. To fix it I blasted under the trigger with compressed air for a bit and now it finally works properly. That seems like a design flaw or something that should be addressed.

Thanks for reading.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Klyith posted:

very temporary.

It's already not working properly again.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Klyith posted:

This is a persistent design flaw with current wireless Logitech mice (except the G502X, which uses optical switches).

I will never buy a mouse with micrswitches in it again, how is everyone not talking about how bad this is? I want to replace my mouse entirely.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

K8.0 posted:

If it's happening again, try picking it up and smacking it on various sides to potentially get it working again. If that fails, it's either soldering a new switch or replacing the mouse.

I took the mouse apart, took the microswitch covers off, and blew them out directly with compressed air. That has fixed it again for now.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

My MX Master 3 is just about worn out and I have to replace it, is there any reason I wouldn't upgrade to the same thing? Programming, basically.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Kibner posted:

If you aren't gaming, get a vertical mouse of some kind. There are a million out there. Logitech makes some full-hand ones, DXT Mouse makes finger-tip ones, there are countless other manufacturers of them, too.

I could try the mx vertical. The side scroll feature on my mouse never worked very well anyway

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Rinkles posted:

What’s the appeal of vertical?

I'm annoyed with mice and am willing to try anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

If ai is so smart why do I need to press a button on my mouse. It reminds me of that ai fridge that starts beeping if you leave the door open instead of just closing the door.