Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

And it succeeds at that for you? Those pains are among the reasons I try to minimize pc use nowadays (back issues being the other).

As double carpal tunnel owner that has been surgically intervened twice, it helped heaps. It was so comfortable regular mice felt lovely and poorly designed to use.

But it didn't fix it completely since my work involved a ton of tiny movements with wrist. So I just skipped that step and went to trackball, namely finger ball trackball as thumb trackball is dumb and just reks your thumb. That did fix it completely.
Plus now trackball feels so good I don't even whip out my mouse unless its the rare ultra sweaty gaming session.
I'm using elecom huge with zircon bearings upgrade and polished ball. Can't reccomend it unless you can spend exactly 70 bucks. Get a gameball or kensington blade instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
No not really haven't even heard of it. If I had I would've probs considerd it.

My.main issue with elecom is that the mouse wheel is awful (the clicks mainly)and you need proprietary software running 24/7 to rebind the buttons.

I'm thinking of upgrading to gameball or such and giving my elecom to some friend.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Kibner posted:

Thankfully, I have not had that issue, yet, after over 1,000 hours with the mouse.

And I do remember your effort post on that from earlier. :)

1000 hours is around 3 months of 12 hours a day usage.