Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
I need to replace my mouse.

I have the Intellimouse Explorer Classic.
Love it, it just doesn't read on my desk space, or the mouse mat I bought to try and get it to work. So it's getting to be a pain to use.

I just do casual use and gaming with it, and I want to replace it with something that does the same:

Wired
5 button+ (2+ mouse wheel+ back/forward)
Not Logitech (I've never liked their mice, no matter how many I've tried)

I don't need one of those ridiculous adjustable weight 22+ button mice, but I'm not averse to one that has quality of life features, or better tracking and precision. I don't want cheap.

My first look is at the Razer DeathAdder v3 or the SteelSeries Rival 3 or the MSI Clutch GM41

The MSI I can get at 45% off. Price wise the MSI and SteelSeries are about the same ($40) and the Razer is twice that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

I prefer wired, as I hate dealing with batteries and charging for something so simple.

And as I said, I'd rather have a decent, good mouse than another cheap chinese POS that comes with every boxed desktop computer. Like, I have a little lenovo mouse that came with a keyboard set, and it's fine and does the job. But it doesn't have 5 buttons, so I don't want to keep using it.

Again, I don't mind paying an $40-80 for a mouse that has better quality, better ergonomics, etc. than the cheap disposable $15 mice.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

I have bigger hands, so I use palm grip. So the larger ones work better for me.

The Intellimouse is 130~mm long, which I can rest comfortably on. So something in that size works best.

It cuts out a lot of choices I find in my searches.