Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

radical edward posted:

I'll put my vote in for the MX1100. I love this mouse more and more.

I use this mouse and can vouch for it as well. I got it to replace my MX1000, which was basically the standalone version of the MX5000.

Very nice shape, good button layout (the hidden side button is really cool), and adjustable DPI is pretty neat. I've also really gotten used to the scrollwheel, which can either ratchet or spin freely; and while Logitech has a bunch of other mice with this feature, what sets the MX1100 apart is that it has a mechanical switch just below the scrollwheel to change between modes. Some of their other mice have a button that only works with Logitech's software, or have a slider switch underneath the mouse.

Admittedly it doesn't have an internal rechargeable battery, instead it takes two AAs (or can function on just one of you're short a battery). I actually prefer this, and with heavy usage I go months between battery changes.

And I don't care what you poopsocking sperglords say, but I've never had any lag issues or whatever the gently caress with wireless mice. Audiosurf, Unreal Tournament (all 3 of them), precise work in Photoshop and Lightroom, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Instant Stalker posted:

You're right, none of the logitech hyper enabled scroll buttons work as buttons. I'll just have to get over that and remap middle click to another button. That said, I returned that 100 dollar ikari mouse and am going to get the deal I posted above about the PMX unless I can find it cheaper somewhere else.

Wrong. The MX1100 has the hyper-scrolling feature, but the wheel is clickable and can be set as middle button/button 3/whatever the gently caress.