Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening.
-Greta Garbo
I've been using a Revolution MX for the last few months, thinking of switching to an mx518. I was using a (much loved) mx500 up until that point. The Rev MX just doesn't have as good of a hand feel and something seems to rattle slightly when I make fast side to side movements.

I may try modifying it though, if I fill part of the thumb grove (which is way too deep for me, resulting in a bad grip with the pinkie) it might get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening.
-Greta Garbo

eames posted:

fake edit: just visited the razer homepage out of curiousity and found this — what the heck.

Those are actually pretty sweet runes. :c00l:

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

-Greta Garbo
Just switched to a Logitech G500 from a Revolution MX. Definite improvement, much closer to the MX-500 I used for the better part of a decade. Removing the dual mode wheel mode change to a separate button instead of middle click was an unexpected but pleasant change and the texturized rubber finish grip is very nice. Back/Forward thumb buttons are in the perfect spot as well, just like my old MX-500.

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

-Greta Garbo
G500 finish is perfect, some of you need to do a bit more physical labor in your lives or something. It's like princess and the pea in here. The G500 scroll mode switch button is great too vs. the mx revolution middle click to change modes. G500 really is the peak of the logitech gaming lineage, and I'm someone who used an mx-500 for nearly a decade.

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

-Greta Garbo

Cortana posted:

I wouldn't touch a G5 until they fix the Windows7 mouse-freeze bug that no one wants to talk about or fix, Microsoft OR Logitech.

I had to switch mine out for an M500... which has no problems, but my G5 will pause, the sensitivity lights go out for 5-20 seconds every few minutes while in use. Annoying as gently caress.

Try updating your motherboard firmware.