Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I have a logitech VX nano from 2007 that is on its way out. I am secretly happy about it; I never should have forced my hand to deal with its tiny size. I was just too stubborn/cheap to replace it.

I am staring at specifications for three mice:

Original MS Arc mouse (lol?) $25!
MS wireless laser mouse 7000 $23.50!!!
Logitech M705 $38 :(

They are all quite a bit larger than the VX nano, which I am happy about.

I am not a gamer. This is for linux so I don't care about any horrible software these might "require" in Windows. I would like a back button, and I have grown to like the "free wheel" that the VX nano has. I cannot confirm/deny that MS mice do this?

Is the Arc mouse a joke? I am a sucker for a good gimmick :/.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

NihilCredo posted:

If you want the freewheel you're stuck with Logitech.

If you don't mind a cable you can save some bucks by going for the M500.

I definitely mind the cable :p.

The Arc is on its way, see if I can live with a clicker. I can always return it. . . and if it is nice I can get another for my Pa who has a new laptop to contend with.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Well, I got the Arc mouse today. Not so impressed.

The size is nice, but it is almost too light! Needs more meat!

And yeah. . . shocked how much I miss the fly wheel.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I traded in the Microsoft Arc mouse for a Logitech M705. It is simple, full sized, and has a flywheel. The left/right clicks are very loud >:(.

It feels a wee bit cheap, and the flywheel rattles if you jerk the mouse. You middle click with the mouse wheel, and a clunky button behind the wheel switches between flywheel and clickwheel mode.

I would prefer having the button behind the wheel do a middle click, so you avoid accidentally moving the wheel while clicking. Oh well.

It is good enough. The batteries are supposed to last a very long time. . .

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Sorry if this is the wrong place but does anyone have a recommendation for an air mouse? I don't need any fancy features but I do need something with a good range. The one I have now drops connectivity every few seconds and it drives me nuts.