Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Chief McHeath posted:

i need a reliable mouse that does precisely this, ty

Any of the logitech mx devices will achieve this, I've experimented with a few of them and I've become in some part dependent on their flow feature to move the mouse between multiple devices. I have found that it is worth using a usb port to put the bolt receivers (or the older unifying receiver if its an older model) to smooth out the switching between devices. The bluetooth pairing with the software works fine but sometimes there is lag switching between devices, the receivers smooth this out. For the longest time I used an mx master 2s and was very happy but recently switched to one of the mx anywhere 3s mice for the smaller form factor. They have both been excellent options.

The feature is available on a cheaper battery operated mouse, the logitech pop, if you dont want to spring for one of the pricier mice. Although when I upgraded a device in my setup recently it was not able to set up flow correctly and I ended up getting a second anywhere 3s, so that was disappointing but prior to that the pop was a fine, if less ergonomic multidevice option. A virtue of the anywhere line versus the mx master line-- its much easier to pick up the smaller anywhere mouse and hit the device swap button with my thumb than it is for the larger master series, which you can do but its more awkward in the hand and I've occasionally dropped it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU