Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Irish Revenge posted:

Why is it dumb to buy a wireless mouse? I hate having to deal with a cord hanging down and getting in the way of my feet.

http://func-pads.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Mister Fister posted:

for gaming, never go for laser mice, get infrared mice. reason being, fast movements gently caress up the tracking for laser.

the deathadder is the best mouse i've ever used.

I'll admit I saw this with the G5 but the G9 tracks fast movements without screwing up.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

isndl posted:

Honestly I have no idea who intentionally uses DPI shifting mid-match, aside from the sniper buttons that only shifts while the button is held. Particularly on mice with multi-profile settings, it seems like an easy way to bump into the wrong profile by accident and die unexpectedly. If you're only swapping profiles when launching a game or maybe when switching characters then taking an extra second to hit a button under the mouse doesn't seem like a huge deal.

For productivity users, I'm not sure who uses multiple profiles either. Mouse acceleration should be covering pretty much everything you need there, you don't need the perfect consistency that gamers expect.

high sens is for dicking around in the spawn in overwatch and making your character look funny before the match starts.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Tornhelm posted:

Logitech's Customer Support in Australia is loving pathetic and completely useless. They're even worse than Razer and only very slightly better than trying to get support from one of the random online grey market retailers.

Thankfully the consumer protection laws are pretty good so we can just go to the retailer and in most cases they have to solve it, because dealing with Logitech AU's lovely support is a nightmare.

logitech customer service in the us used to be legendarily good, like to the point you could just send a mouse in and get a replacement for any reason after any period of time no questions asked. i wouldn't know if it's still like that because i haven't had a problem with a logitech mouse since 2005.

Bruegels Fuckbooks fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Oct 21, 2018