Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Just a quick question is there a point where dpi becomes redundant?

I used to play games on a standard Microsoft cheapo mouse and switched over to a Razer Boomslang and I could tell the difference, I absolutely loved my Boomslang but it only has a dpi of 1800, I haven't bought a gaming mouse in a long time and now they are all the way up to 5600 or higher. I really dont understand how much of a difference I would notice. Would it be similar to jumping from the cheap Microsoft to the Boomslang? or is it more of a :dong: thing "My dpi is 5 billion yours is only 4 :smug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Well Wed. is new computer day and I am going to celebrate by buying a new mouse as well :haw: currently its a toss up between a g9x and the DeathAdder. I know the DA is Mac compatible but is the G9X?

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Ended up picking up the DeathAdder and I absolutely love it. Fits in my hand perfect and not an issue at all with my iMac.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
What are my options for weighted mice? I know the G9x but im leary with all the cable issues ive heard. The R.A.T. 9 is an option but im afraid my son will lose a finger in the drat thing. Anything else?