Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Science isn't about why, it's about why not.
Logitech Performance Mouse MX

I have this mouse. It's awesome because it tracks on glass, and I have a glass desk. Goodbye mousepad!

The USB port charger is a little annoying, I think a dock is much cooler looking and easier to plug in, but every dock I've used in the past from Logitech always eventually starts crapping out, so it's probably a bonus.

The little dinky USB plug fits underneath an Apple Aluminum Keyboard without sticking out, which is super cool. The scroll wheel interlock between free-scrolling and clicky-scrolling is hardware based, so I don't have to deal with Logitech's poo poo software at all.

The charge lasts for a couple days of gaming, and the battery is user replaceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Nibble posted:

Another MX Revolution user here. Picked it up on sale for $40-50 a few years ago and I've had absolutely no complaints, and I love the scroll wheel. Been thinking about picking up another one so I can use it at work too.

Is there anything majorly different between the MX Rev and the Performance MX? They look pretty similar at first glance, haven't looked too much at the Performance MX though since my Revolution is still going strong.

Performance MX: No thumb wheel thing, but it has a thumb button and a little button under the back-forward keys. The scroll wheel free/clicky switch is now hardware. It tracks on glass. It uses mini USB instead of a dock.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Goo posted:

Anything in particular you'd like Logitech to do differently with their gaming mice?

This question is for everybody, really.

I <3 my Performance MX, but the mini USB cord is a bitch to plug in. (Please license MagSafe from Apple. :D ) I was a fan of the docky thing for the older MX revolution and my MX700, but they did quit working well after a while, so I understand why it was changed. It would also be nice to have a smaller power brick for the USB cable. (copy Apple's iPhone charger please).

I miss the thumbwheel from the Revolution, but the scroll wheel on the Performance is better, and the small receiver is total win. Hardware free scroll button rocks. Tracking on glass is totally sweet and the entire reason why I bought mine, because I have a glass desk.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

I think this thread might be the best place to ask this question--

Can anyone recommend me a sturdy, reliable wireless mouse for use on my laptop? I'm not made of money, but I'm also not shy about spending for quality if it's going to last years. Thanks.

There's a difference between wireless and Bluetooth, which do you mean? For example the Performance MX is expensive but awesome and has a really small USB receiver that doesn't stick out much on the side of your laptop, but there isn't a Bluetooth version of it. :argh: