Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-XTD/

Has anyone heard anything about these? The scroll wheel on my g500 is starting to die and it looks comfortable if ricey.

E: I should add i had it recommended to me because a youtuber apparently uses it. I've also been looking at the thermaltake therion because my mate has one and it's pretty comfy too.

AnandTech liked them.

Anecdotally, my girlfriend has the Kone Pure, and really likes it (coming from a Razer Imperator which started to.. surprise surprise, gently caress up. Christ, Razer..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Goo posted:

Every wireless engineer I've asked this question has told me that the BT HID chips we have available to us don't communicate faster than 8ms. I can ask again, but it's not for lack of interest in Bluetooth that we've gone with custom solutions. Ultimately it's for performance and ease of use.

The dual-mode wheel is a Logitech-exclusive design. We aren't licensing it to anyone.

Have you ever thought about striking a deal with a laptop manufacturer to build the unifying receiver in? I can't imagine it costs much to build.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

How do you guys manage to keep the same mouse for multiple years without getting bored of it, or finding something better?

Uh, I don't get bored of my mouse. I've a first and second gen MX518, and they both work fine. I just keep them clean, and that pretty much stops any problems.

vv I've had an original first gen Ratpadz forever. I can definitely understand why you'd want to buy new things, but I guess I've gotten better at prioritising what I should actually spend my money on

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 18, 2014

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

ShaneB posted:

I use a MX518 to this day and find it ugly as hell. My 2 cent'z.

It is. Used one for absolutely ages. Still don't want a new mouse, though.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

who wants to waste calories moving their arm?

That's why IBM invented the TrackPoint. The World's Lowest Effort Mousing Device.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I don't know why Logitech is recently so obsessed with making their stuff look like Razer and Mad-Catz cyborg had some babies, but I can live with it. I also don't know why they seem to be actively not making a wireless version of the g400/s, instead we get the 602, which has nice stats, but I hate the design, and I don't need that many side buttons, hell I barely use the second thumb button. I just want the optical mx518/g400, but wireless, and also have the crazy battery life of the 602, I seriously don't give a poo poo I would pay 200 dollars for it.

You're talking about the MX700, which I had a couple of back in the day (so I could put one in the charger dock while the other was on my desk!). They discontinued it with no replacement. Why? Who knows. MX700 was popular.

My dock was killed when a friend spilt ale on it, and replacements at that time became obscure. So of course, I went MX518. I did have an MX1000 briefly, but I gave it to a friend in exchange for a digital camera. The MX1000 was OK, but the shape was a bit unwieldy, and I never liked the tilting scroll wheel.

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Apr 27, 2014

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Pilsner posted:

I "upgraded" to the latest Logitech Gaming Software for my MX 518 mouse, and a problem I now have is that whenever I resume my computer from hibernation, the sensitivity is at a medium level, requiring me to press the increase DPI button a few times. I've set the default sensitivity to high in the godawful configuration program, but it doesn't help.

I've also tried downgrading to the old SetPoint software, but when I start it, the mouse configuration tab is missing, and no tips I've found works to solve this.

Yeah, I have that problem on my laptop, but I always just ended up restarting it. It's like it just totally doesn't bother to configure the buttons — I have the three around the mouse wheel set to keybinds, and after standby they just go back to being DPI buttons.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

hifi posted:

If you scroll down there's a non-carbon fiber one.

It's pretty cool that the cost of switching from plastic to carbon fiber is only $20 for the consumer.

Also is that the first mouse with an offset cable?

Nah, Microsoft Express Mouse.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Goo posted:

If you use LGS in Automatic Game Detection mode we have a direct access G-key SDK that game developers can use, but apart from Riot no one really has launched a big game with it yet. Also in WoW if you unassign buttons >5 they can be directly assigned because WoW has a specific driver written to trap these buttons in that configuration.

Isn't it basically silly, though? Not your fault, of course, but can't Microsoft be poked and prodded by the various large mouse manufacturers to give them a decent new driver model?

Microsoft is very quick to come up with a new one when it suits them (XInput).

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Diabetes Forecast posted:

since Vertical mice are brought up, I've been trying to find if there's any other ones that have three buttons. I've been using the CADmouse for years but I think my arms are finally getting to the point I can't handle that anymore. The only real downside to this situation is there's basically no ambidextrous options besides that awful Posturite Penguin (which broke before I even got it, and is apparently a common issue.) so I'll have to just deal with not being able to swap hands anymore.

Buy two Logitech Lifts, left handed and right handed :v:

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

VostokProgram posted:

You don't have the scroll wheel problem? My Kone had it, so I RMA'd, and then the new one developed the same problem. Supposedly you have to open it up and spray contact cleaner on the wheel sensor but thats a lot of effort so I kinda just want to get a new mouse now

A lot of effort? I've soldered on new microswitches in mice (twice on a Roccat Kone pure), I'd consider that a little effort. Spraying contact cleaner doesn't seem like a lot of work

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 10, 2023

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Update it came uncharged and uses a mini usb to charge. And it connects to Bluetooth with a stupid USB nubbin. Thought we were done with those

Does it have bluetooth too? My lift allows me to switch between 3 machines, bluetooth or receiver. Receiver is always better, as it doesn't need bluetooth to be initialised

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

My G502x Lightspeed lasted 30 days before the battery hit 20% just lol if you use a corded mouse in 2023

Is that supposed to be impressive? Logitech reckons the Lift will last 2 years. Maybe the polling rate and resolution is massively greater on the g502x. I would consider plugging a mouse in every month an extra chore

I'd rather have a mouse with a standard aa cell too, to be completely honest. I have a load of eneloops. No charging cable necessary. There are also those that want the lightest mouse possible - wired is always going to win there

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 26, 2023

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah plugging my mouse in before I go to bed once a month is a gigantic hassle, a cord on my mouse all the time is so much easier

I mean in contrast to swapping the battery, which means you never deal with cables for your mouse. Same deal with the xbox controller vs playstation, I way prefer the xbox's use of standard batteries, so I don't need to ever be wired

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 27, 2023

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I've had a glass Skypad for over a year now and would never, ever go back to cloth.

Hm, very interesting. Nice option.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

codo27 posted:

Can I just ask everyone to please stop buying cans of compressed air and buy a proper electric duster, its a must have for any tinkerer. Something akin to this, which appears to be a cheaper version of the ones I have at home and work, though probably does the job

https://www.amazon.ca/Compressed-Electric-Computer-Replaces-Electronics/dp/B09Z5SCXGZ

If anyone's using Makita LXT batteries, check out the DAS180. That thing blows, hard. Excellent tool.

Edit: maybe it hasn't come to the US yet. There's also the as001g, the xgt version. Same exact specs.

You won't regret owning it

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 10, 2023

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

also, why wouldn't you use wireless for the corporate office? there's no reason not to with how good latency is now. Logitech management software sucks but they are literally plug and play on the Corp side.

Batteries. We phased out wireless stuff years ago because of it. That and everyone would take dongles.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

isndl posted:

Logitech has mice that let you choose your output. The M720 for example allows two Bluetooth connections plus the dongle, and you hit a button to cycle between the three connections for your active machine.

yeah it's pretty great.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Chief McHeath posted:

i need a reliable mouse that does precisely this, ty

I have a Logitech Lift fwiw, but I imagine all of them that have that feature are equally reliable.
The button is on the underside, there are 3 indicator leds you toggle between by pressing a button. As soon as the mouse is turned over, the current led illuminates.

It's pretty much as good an implementation as you could hope for

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Rinkles posted:

And it succeeds at that for you? Those pains are among the reasons I try to minimize pc use nowadays (back issues being the other).

For me, yes

I bought a Logitech Lift, but my desk height was all wrong to use my mouse comfortably with my arm in the new position, so I ended up getting a (couple of) standing desks on a great offer just after Fully was bought up by Herman Miller. A few months later they stopped even shipping them to where I live, so it was some lucky timing

It helped a lot in my experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Yiggy posted:

The MX anywheres, or at least the Mx anywhere 3s, has the wheel which goes to free spin if you flick it just hard enough but it’s a little stiffer than the MX master which goes into free spin very fluidly. I agree it’s a feature I fell in love with.

the lift has the "SmartWheel" too, it clicks like a normal wheel unless you give it a good flick, then it freewheels for a while. It's not the heavy weighted beast you'll find on some of the other mice though