Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Late to this thread and only read the last few pages, but is there a recomended "go to" for a laptop/travel mouse with a good optical sensor that preferebly doesn't cost $50? 3 button with a scrool wheel would be nice.

e: Are MS mice still OK? Thinking of something basic just like this
http://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-Wireless-Mobile-Mouse-1850/dp/B00LGEDU4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448483764&sr=8-1&keywords=wireless+mouse

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Thanks for the recomendation. Not sure if you can answer this, but have you ever tried the mouse on a uniform color? I sometimes use the laptop in bed and use the mouse either on the bedspread or sheets and sometimes the cheapo Amazon special Permixx I presently use "hangs" due to, I presume, the uniform color of what it's going over (IE: White sheets)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

What are the thoughts on Steelseries wired mice? Specifically Sensei Raw series?

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 30, 2015

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hi thread

What's the go-to recommended mouse for non-mousepad surfaces? IE: A HTPC where you're using it on a sofa fabric or something.

Either wireless with a little USB adapter or Bluetooth?

Bonus points for a suitable keyboard combo for the same purpose. I have an ancient logitech with a small keyboard w/touch pad which has gotten super janky.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Oh yeah, I know it's not ideal but I found from all my years of optical mice, some are better than others with reading on non-flat or mousepad surfaces.

But absolutely, I can totally see a trackball mouse being a great idea.

I already have an old logitech mini keyboard with trackpad (the think that was janky in my OP) but i find it a little clunky.

Appreciate it thanks.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

A local store has a brown box (OEM?) Of a razer deathadder v2 pro for less than 1/2 what Amazon sells for.

Worthwhile?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

EbolaIvory posted:

Well that and the software they force you to use is hot garbage, but thats another topic all together.

Forced software? No thanks.

Appreciate the insight though folks.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Is there a go-to for a silent/quiet cordless mouse? Preferably with thumb (back/forth) buttons and a nice positive scroll wheel? I prefer non-rechargeable (uses AA or something), but that's not huge.

Doesn't need to be super fancy. but adjustable DPI is kinda nice but not really required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Rexxed posted:

For basic stuff I like the M650 which is more of a business than gaming mouse but has silent buttons:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KX9P829/

I have one I use now and then and it's good. The buttons don't make no noise but they don't click like a normal mouse sound, it's muted and/or dampened. They feel fine, though. It uses a single AA battery. The scroll wheel isn't amazing, it's a little rubbery, but it does have detents as it rolls, they're just not really strong. I'm not sure too many of the silent mice will have great scroll wheels since they want them to be quiet as well.

Also note there's the M650 and the M650 L, which is larger, you can pick your size. Mine's the basic one and it's pretty small compared to my G502s and G Pro but it's pretty comfortable. I'd probably get a M650 L if I was using it more regularly.

For fancier there the -S versions of the MX Master series, for Silent, so the current one would be the MX Master 3S. It's bigger and has more buttons and a side scroll wheel and a bunch more configuration options. It uses a rechargeable Lipo inside and is a bit more expensive, but there's not infrequent Logitech sales if you hold out. Around $100 right now but I've seen them down around 80 or lower.
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-MX-Master-3S-Graphite/dp/B09HM94VDS

There are a few other silent mice but they seem to fall into the category of portable but extremely basic (like the Logitech M330 or Pebble and some other brands) or a gaming mouse style mouse from an alphabet salad company I've never heard of on Amazon.
Thanks - I was looking at the 650 last night. I'm a guy and my hands aren't tiny, but they're not what I would call large either. I think I might take a chance and order a regular non-L. I ruled it out last night because it looked Bluetooth and my mobo doesn't have bluetooth on it, but it *looks like* it comes with a nano-receiver.

Appreciate the insight.