Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brad industry
May 22, 2004

the nicker posted:

This is awesome.

edit:
and here's one to contribute

brad industry fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Its scary to see how far phone cameras have come in just a few years. I can remember the first phones with cameras being so gimmicky and now they are as good as some point of shoot cameras. Will be amazing to see how this develops by say 2020.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Nothing amazing but the lighting was nice and I didn't have my camera.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Taken on iPhone, processed in Lightroom

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007

iphone

Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!
What makes the iphone such a popular camera phone? Is it really that superior? Is it easy to use/upload, so more people take more pictures and share them? Or is it just good enough, and a popular model of phone with people who are likely to put stuff on the net.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jahoodie posted:

What makes the iphone such a popular camera phone? Is it really that superior? Is it easy to use/upload, so more people take more pictures and share them? Or is it just good enough, and a popular model of phone with people who are likely to put stuff on the net.

nailed it

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Jahoodie posted:

Both. Everyone+dog has one, and sharing pictures is trivially simple.

Tziko
Feb 18, 2001
I don't bother editing cell phone photos on my computer. Photogene (recommended!) and Camera Bag are enough on the iPhone.

Tziko fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 20, 2009

roachfiend
Mar 5, 2002
I recently got a new phone- a Sony Ericsson C901. I bought it because of the great reviews of the camera. I dig it.

It's got a panoramic mode on it where you take three shots and it stitches it together. Kinda cool.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????
I use an LG something-or-other. You can tell I totally care.

Vheissu
May 5, 2008

Pickaxe. Beard. Beer. American.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

iphone

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

Taken with a Blackberry Pearl 8130. Getting good shots with this phone is a pain in the rear end.

SiB
May 6, 2005
I use "The Best Camera (is the one that's with you)" app on the Iphone 3G, it's from Seattle photographer Chase Jarvis. It's got some editing stuff in it, then you can upload to several sites with one touch (thebestcamera.com, facebook, flickr, twitter, email).

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
2 quick ones I snapped on the way to the beach yesterday. Resurrecting this thread because it's the only one I can post in while I save up for an actual camera. Meanwhile ... lurking and reading books on comp and post.

I'm trying to learn as much as possible so any criticisms would be appreciated (for these or the ones I posted on the first page).

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

fullroundaction posted:

this one is nice, it doesnt look like the typical field of view a cell phone camera has. did you use the best camera app? the blue of the sky looks really good.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

this one is nice, it doesnt look like the typical field of view a cell phone camera has. did you use the best camera app? the blue of the sky looks really good.

I played around with it in Photoshop Mobile (free app) until it stopped looking terrible. Mainly just curves and shadows/highlights.

Here's the original so you can see the weird ways my iphone handles being anywhere near lots of natural light :iiam:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Overprocessed the heck out of this one in Photoshop to restore some details and sharpness.

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I know that my entries pale in every technical aspect to the rest of the pictures in this thread, but the "oh man, I wish I had a real camera to take a decent picture right now" feeling that cell phone photography gives is what inspired me to buy my first dslr. These are years old snapshots taken on my 1mp nokia cellphone before I even knew the basics of photography:

Taken on a deserted warehouse's water tower, it was pitch black so I couldn't even read the grafitti on the wall, luckily I framed these 3 letters.

Taken on a friend of a friend's house. A really poor family, here you can see the husband tattooing his wife with some makeshift tattoo equipment while their daughter stands beside them.

Taken on a flood that made me park my car so it wouldn't be dragged away by the current. I didn't managed to capture the chaos quite well, but I quite liked how I managed to capture the man's "when is this rain going to let up" expression.

TheToiletDuck
Jun 25, 2008

Taken with an iphone 3Gs and Autostitch and edited with Mill colour (then reduced in size with photoshop). I'm attempting to trick the autostitch into doing a makeshift HDR but it didnt quite work :P

another version edited with photoshop that seems to look nicer before i uploaded it on here :( (i'm still learning to post-process)

and this, also taken with a 3GS and edited with mill colour

TheToiletDuck fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 24, 2010

Engine Skull
Jul 9, 2003
I WON'T TRY TO GUESS THE NUMBER THIS TIME LOWTAX
Picked up an iPhone 3GS today and was messing around with The Best Camera (because omg I love Chase Jarvis :swoon:). I'm surprised at the quality you can get out of camera phones these days, there are some good shots in the this thread so far.

Messing around whilst waiting for a donair.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Bloody August posted:

Picked up an iPhone 3GS today and was messing around with The Best Camera (because omg I love Chase Jarvis :swoon:). I'm surprised at the quality you can get out of camera phones these days, there are some good shots in the this thread so far.

Not to get all Mannequin on you, but exactly what about this photo floats your boat?

Leyendecker
Oct 31, 2008

:sun:

This thread's gotten me pretty excited about using my phone's camera more.

Leyendecker fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 15, 2010

Engine Skull
Jul 9, 2003
I WON'T TRY TO GUESS THE NUMBER THIS TIME LOWTAX

HPL posted:

Not to get all Mannequin on you, but exactly what about this photo floats your boat?

I just like the filters you can apply with The Best Camera, and I posted it mainly to give an example of the app. The actual content of the photo is far from special, but I think the processing on it looks cool. And it's not like this thread is littered with amazing shots, but it's not PAD either.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
While most of my shots aren't as visually interesting, I have been using my iphone (started with a sidekick) to document parts of my day. I used to strive for 1 image everyday but have really been lacking lately.

t.codywhitby.net

streetlamp fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 11, 2010

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

evensevenone posted:

Goddamn. Hard to believe you didn't have to bracket shots to get that kind of range.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
The only girl I've ever loved ...

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
A few off my Motorola Droid. All post-production done on phone as well:

red_blip
Feb 19, 2008

Fine human machine.
I am not a photographer - but I did have some interesting photos on my cellphone:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Click here for the full 912x681 image.

red_blip
Feb 19, 2008

Fine human machine.

the posted:

Well done, good sir.

If it wasn't a camera phone, I'd probably set it as my wallpaper.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

red_blip posted:

Well done, good sir.

If it wasn't a camera phone, I'd probably set it as my wallpaper.

This is the largest version I have, I guess it would work if you have a netbook

Click here for the full 1026x766 image.

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.

On the iPhone with a lovely little ap for the post.
Edit: oops

Iron Squid
Nov 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh
Lots of awesome photos in this thread. Bonus to those who actually editted their photos with their phones.

Boiler
Dec 23, 2004
Shut up phone
Camera phones are the toy cameras of this generation, which makes it kind of ironic how many applications there are to imitate the toy cameras of old. I think after a while we'll all be nostalgic for the days of "how nice the noise looked" back in the day.

I do actually like the effect you can get with the toy camera apps though. You can turn average party shots into interesting ones pretty quickly.

red_blip
Feb 19, 2008

Fine human machine.
A couple more...

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Taken with an Env2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster