Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
For those of you who want to take your iPhone photography/video to the next level: Who's Afriad of the Big Bad iPhone

Product link: OWLE bubo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Arinel posted:

On the iPhone with a lovely little ap for the post.
Edit: oops

Was this at EDC 2009? I'm almost positive it is ;)

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Photos from Afghanistan captured with an iPhone. I really like the way he used the Polaroid filter and the different ways he really worked within the limitations of the iPhone. http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/03/24/captured-guttenfelders-iphone-photos/

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm a big fan of using whatever you have available to take pictures, even if it means using the camera of your mobile phone. Here are some I took with my old Nokia N73:

Evidence that always having a camera close at hand is great:

Nowadays, I have an iPhone but I haven't really used it for pictures, mainly because I always have my SD780IS in my pocket, but I hadn't thought until this thread about the available apps so I'll check them out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The best camera is the one you have with you. 99% of the time thats my iPhone.

brad industry
May 22, 2004
I know the Hipstamatic app is lame in principle but it's fun

wnatw
Jan 28, 2008
This morning on the bus.

Whatever the iPhone lacks in quality it makes up for in being with you 100% of the time.

more from my daily commute are here http://wnatw.tumblr.com mainly using TiltShiftGen, CameraBag, Lo-Mob, and ShakeItPhoto...

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

nerdz posted:

Taken on a friend of a friend's house. A really poor family, here you can see the husband tattooing his wife with some makeshift tattoo equipment while their daughter stands beside them.

I'm going to add some of my own soon but this is excellent. Great job.

iPhone 3gs + ps mobile and photogene.

I picked up shakeitphoto because it was only a buck, and it's awesome!

tuyop fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 5, 2010

brad industry
May 22, 2004
Went to Sedona for a job:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I was holding my Droid, I dropped it, and the flash went off.

This is what came out:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
This little fella stowed away on my shoulder on the way to class. I entertained him for the first half of class. He even pooped on my notes. I let him go on a leaf during break.

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.

BlackMK4 posted:

Was this at EDC 2009? I'm almost positive it is ;)

This was the BigDayOut 2009, in Perth, Western Australia ^_^ So no. :P I don't even know what EDC is.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Phat_Albert posted:

The best camera is the one you have with you. 99% of the time thats my iPhone.

Why do these look so good while other iPhone shots look like the phone was dipped in Vaseline?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

iPhone camera works fine when you have buttloads of light.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

b0nes posted:

Why do these look so good while other iPhone shots look like the phone was dipped in Vaseline?

The iPhone doesn't have a lens cover so it can get dirty from time to time, which impacts on the quality of the photos

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

b0nes posted:

Thanks, for starters!

I always make sure that my lens is clean. Most people just whip the phone out of their pocket all linty and fingerprinty.

Secondly, if I'm actually trying to take a good photo as opposed to a snapshot, I'll take the time to make sure the exposure looks right, and set the focus correctly. Both of which can be changed by tapping on the screen.

Lastly, both were taken in good light. No one knows what the ISO is on the iPhone sensor, but it works better when it has a ton of light to work with.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 9, 2010

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
That Hipstamatic app was a great recommendation, had some fun messing with that and the TiltShiftGen at a work curling event last night.

I honestly didn't realize that tapping on the camera screen in the normal camera app gave much better results - I thought it was just focus, and that the metering was always sucky, so that's a great tip too.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

No one knows what the ISO is on the iPhone sensor, but it works better when it has a ton of light to work with.

Really? I've imported all the photos from my Sony Ericsson C905 to Lightroom and it says the ISO is between 64 - 800 in half-stop increments. I don't own an iPhone so I'm not sure if it'll encode metadata from the camera.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

the posted:

I was holding my Droid, I dropped it, and the flash went off.

This is what came out:

Hubble Telescope, is that you?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tincans posted:

Really? I've imported all the photos from my Sony Ericsson C905 to Lightroom and it says the ISO is between 64 - 800 in half-stop increments. I don't own an iPhone so I'm not sure if it'll encode metadata from the camera.

I dont think the iPhone writes the ISO to the exif data, but I may be mistaken

EDIT: Yeah, doesnt seem to be there http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt-f/4076177166/meta/

brad industry
May 22, 2004
Wish I had a real camera with me so bad

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Just noticed the Hipstamatic devs put out a post-processing app, which is just as lovingly jazzed up with a fun UI. Not sure if the animations are as charming the 20th time around, but it's worth the buy, I think.

http://swankolab.com/

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 11, 2010

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Really wish I took my camera when I went out for a ride the other day. Oh well that's what you get when you go out for rides that are only meant to be down the shops and turn into 5 hour/320km jaunts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

I think this one is actually pretty boring.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
This is my friend Rich. I got him at the flea market:

INSERT COIN
Sep 26, 2007

some jelly fish from atl and a beautiful MD sunset

Click here for the full 599x800 image.

Click here for the full 800x657 image.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Please forgive the facebook compression:

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
I like my new phone :3:

grayscale
Feb 27, 2009

I like being able to point & shoot with my new iPhone and not really give a poo poo, because I have an excuse to. And the apps are fairly fun.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I'm trying to work with my cellphone rather than against it.

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.
I'm digging the iPhone 4 camera.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Iron Squid
Nov 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh
Just wanna say that Hipstamatic makes all my lovely iPhone shots look so much more interesting.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Iron Squid posted:

Just wanna say that Hipstamatic makes all my lovely iPhone shots look so much more interesting.

Judging by my Facebook news feed, everyone else feels that way too.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
Usually, I use my phone to take pictures of ridiculous stuff I see that amuses me.

but it can also give me pretty decent photos, too.

dakana fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 7, 2010

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Forgot about this thread-- I'll just leave this here:

http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

Crazy Goat
Dec 27, 2006
Taken with my iPhone and a laughable fisheye lens adapter for a DSLR.

Gambl0r
Dec 25, 2003

LOCAL MAN
RUINS
EVERYTHING
Taken with the iPhone 4, no processing:

I'm really impressed with how it handles extreme contrast.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Yay cell phone photography! Here are some of my favorites taken with my HTC Dream/G1

Bite of Seattle '09

Vancouver Olympics 2010

Ferry to Bainbridge Island, Seattle WA

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

Photos from Afghanistan captured with an iPhone. I really like the way he used the Polaroid filter and the different ways he really worked within the limitations of the iPhone. http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/03/24/captured-guttenfelders-iphone-photos/

Hehehehe, check out the outline of the doorway in the background where the soldier is standing with his arm against the wall.

Hehehehe.