Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
Just got an iPhone 4 and one of those magnetic fisheye lenses. I also got the 2x telephoto but it turned out to be a waste of money since it has such a small image circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Elemeno^P posted:

Working on a series called Porcelain Corpses. However, due to the subject matter, I feel the need to be discrete, so my iphone camera is my only option.

You have no idea how many truck stop bathrooms I have visited in search of the illusive urinal covered in a plastic bag.

Just chiming in to say that I absolutely love this, reminds me of the Bechers.
Stick with it! (Also proves, what most people here know anyway: Camera don't matter.)

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
snapped this last night. I need to shop out my lame reflection though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was gifted a ipod touch by the family, so I've started putting some effort into exploring what the tiny little camera has to offer.

I ended up buying "ProCamera" and it's a big improvement over the stock photo app. The post processing options don't compare to Lightroom by any meaure, but it does the important stuff like brightness and contrast. It has filters, but they don't seem to be customizable, and the vignetting it puts in can be a little ridiculous:

(though in this case it did help cover up some power lines)

I like the polaroid clone though:

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
Some iPhone 4 photos with the fisheye attachment:

Verdict: Good, not great. About everything you could hope for at the price point. Image quality goes to poo poo at the edges, but that's usually par for the course with fisheyes of almost any quality.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

The doctor will see you now:

(need to not rely so much on Hipstamatic, but it worked nicely in this case)

Elemeno^P
Aug 13, 2002

VomitOnLino posted:

Just chiming in to say that I absolutely love this, reminds me of the Bechers.
Stick with it! (Also proves, what most people here know anyway: Camera don't matter.)

Thanks! I hadn't heard of the Bechers, so I totally appreciate the reference. Definite similarities.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
This one turned out well:

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
Keeping this thread alive a bit. Here's a photo taken with ToonCamera:

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Taken with an old Nokia N73.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

Shot this on my old Moto RAZR v2 I believe. I was at work and there was a car show going on and this sorta worked out for me. Except the blow out in the back end of the badge. That kinda sucked.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

No fancy software here, just a bit of brightness/contrast adjustment in IrfanView.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!
Bringing this thread back a bit, just got Vignette for android. Really interesting app.

"New American Classic"
Vignette for Android, Droid X

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

:swoon: :swoon:

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

San Sebastian, Spain.

Bird flew by just at the right moment.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Enjoy this cell phone picture of my cat you guys.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've been inspired to start using my cellphone again. Here's a shot of a hermit crab and my cat.

I like how detailed the crab shot came out even though it was through the side of the tank. No editing done to these photos. Taken with Camera Plus Pro on the iPhone 4.

Untitled by matthache, on Flickr

Untitled by matthache, on Flickr

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

I love hipstamatic.

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>
What apps are people using for iphones/ipod touches?
I've just gotten into using my phone as a camera, and downloaded Instagram and Hipstamatic - both of which are stirring memories of the old Polaroid camera that my parents used to have.
I'm interested to know if people are using any post processing apps on their phone, or if you are downloading them to your PC and then applying PP then?

In the mean time, here are a couple of pictures I have taken recently:

LANkrypt0
May 28, 2001

ph33r
Two of my son that I think came out pretty good.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was loving around at work trying to avoid work, when an idea popped into my head to try a macro shot. Except I had no lens.. so after considering my options, I decided to see what I could do with a drop of water.

I got a single drop on the tip of my finger, and transferred it to the lens of my iPod. I didn't have anything handy so I used a quarter. :smith:

This is several times what the lens can do unaided.. it can't seem to focus on anything less than a foot away.

I also toyed around with the size of the water drop, but for the most part it seems like the bigger the drop you can get to stick, the better it works.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

I was loving around at work trying to avoid work, when an idea popped into my head to try a macro shot. Except I had no lens.. so after considering my options, I decided to see what I could do with a drop of water.

That's loving awesome.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Definitely a neat idea, I'll have to try it out.

Here's just some random snaps

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
I know it's slightly off-center. I may try to fix it later. I really wanted to go inside, but I also wanted to go party (it was Mardi Gras). I didn't have enough time to do both... chose the party.

Sears in New Orleans by subx2000, on Flickr

And bonus, because it was halarious (St. Patrick's Day green pasta at Skyline Chili):

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Just upgraded to an Inspire. Loving the camera on it.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
iCameraHDR does a pretty good job. It's much slower than Pro HDR, but it's more accurate (less ghosting if any at all) and I feel it gives better results.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
I don't normally like posting lomography stuff but I really like this pic.

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand
weeeeeee

IMG_0395 by M Bradshaw, on Flickr

IMG_0394 by M Bradshaw, on Flickr

IMG_0389 by M Bradshaw, on Flickr

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

There is a tendency for my phone to overdo the blues.

So I sometimes just convert it into black and white.

Photos taken with HTC Dream/Tmobile G1. I really need to clean my glass/sensor.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Holding a 50/1.8 right in front of the phone gives pretty good macro possibilities. The phone camera by itself won't focus this close.

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand
I like my city dark and gritty

IMG_0402 by M Bradshaw, on Flickr

IMG_0400 by M Bradshaw, on Flickr

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Here are some snapshots from my Nexus One. Uploaded to Picasa with some quick tweaks to exposure to make them a bit on the contrasty side.

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.

iPhone 4

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
Shot on my Aquos Shot SH003, which has a ridiculous 12.1 MP camera. No real post on the leaves, just resized and cropped. I think I did some basic leveling on the night one.

Das MicroKorg
Sep 18, 2005

Vintage Analog Synthesizer
Nice thread :) Being quite a photography newbie myself, I recently decided to regularly take pictures with my iPhone when I'm around town to "practice" identifying good things/settings to photograph. It's a lot of fun, and I started to feel a lot more aware of my surroundings since I started.

Here are some pictures. I use Camera+ as my go-to camera app and sometimes Andigraf Toy Camera for fake multi-lens Lomo shots.

ghableska
Jul 9, 2008

Arinel posted:

iPhone 4

I love the way the colors and lines run together in this one. Very sweet.

Here's my contribution. Tried running it through the PS express app but didn't feel like paying for the noise removal so I ended up fiddling with it in lightroom instead.

Vending by ghableska, on Flickr

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Chilling on the ferry over to Seattle back in April.

Snapped a photo of the Space Needle while waiting for my friend to show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Doing some macro with my phone: