Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

samjack56
Dec 26, 2007
Been using my HTC Inspire a lot lately.

Tree at Crater Lake by samjack56, on Flickr

New Port Beach Sunset by samjack56, on Flickr

Redwoods Underpass by samjack56, on Flickr

Fall Driving by samjack56, on Flickr

Newport Beach by samjack56, on Flickr

Smith Rock HDR Cell Shot by samjack56, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samjack56
Dec 26, 2007

ThisQuietReverie posted:

A practical but non-academic interest in perceptual expectancy. To me, photography is engaging because when you reallly break it down we have the capability to pluck out a single moment from all the continuous moments that create time, preserve it and present it to other humans who did not or could not observe it.

Someone smart once told me "your eye is not your own". What he meant was that any piece of art I encounter was influenced by the artist's own experiences and everyone before who influenced him. He wasn't saying that everybody is ripping off everyone else, but that someone prior has already defined your sense of aesthetics as observer or creator. I've always liked that and it has led to collecting (even if only mentally) and noticing things I find interesting.

So we have the capacity to freeze time unrelenting and the ability to affect other people through our decisions of what to show or not show and how we present our little square slices of frozen time. Time! I marvel.

As for the second photo, that is part of the actual box for a doll named "Saucy". Saucy makes horrific demon faces at you when you rotate her arm 360 degrees. The photo is in black and white so the unnecessary information has been stripped away. I leaned the box back a bit to give me some DOF. The girl on the box is depicted as squealing in delight but we rely so heavily on total visual language that when you obfuscate the mouth of a wide eyed human, joy becomes terror. Parlor tricks.

As I've expended too many words above explaining, context is everything.

Scrub forward to about the one minute mark for some nightmare fuel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdNMYGBER6k

I like the way you think and how you were taught.

Some more random ones of mine. HTC Inspire.

Almost squished him. by samjack56, on Flickr

Half his size and can still throw him. by samjack56, on Flickr

Cute lense hood. by samjack56, on Flickr