Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ye Mighty
Feb 13, 2008
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Balls, ye Mighty, and despair!
I just got into photography at the beginning of this year. I bought a refurbished Canon Rebel XT and have had a fantastic time shooting and learning. But sometimes I'll just be out and about and see something that I think would make for a great shot and I don't have my camera on me. Well, it dawned on me recently that I've got a camera with me everywhere I go - my cell phone. With the insane amount of apps available on the iPhone, it's possible to make create some quality photos on your phone. I can't speak to other platforms (BlackBerry, Android), but I imagine similar results are possible.

I like to think of it as fun hobby photography - something along the lines of polaroids or toy cameras. Technically, these may not be masterpieces, but it's fun to see what you can create with such limited resources. I try to shoot, edit and upload all from my iPhone, but there are no rules here really, just have fun.

My very first attempt at iPhone photography. Probably wasn't the best choice to do it at night, but I think the blur actually works for the photo.

Used an iPhone app called TiltShift Generator for this one.

The sun was setting behind a building and it looked quite nice. I ultimately decided to just turn it into a silhouette and tint it purple.

This one has pretty minimal editing to it. The shot is what it is, I just used Photoshop Mobile to lower the exposure a bit.

So let's post/discuss our mobile photography!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ye Mighty
Feb 13, 2008
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Balls, ye Mighty, and despair!

brad industry posted:

Cell phone cameras rule, good idea for a thread.
I really like this! What exactly am I looking at?