Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I traveled to Boston and shot my entire trip with my iPhone 3G (was packing light and didn't have room for my dSLR). I'm seriously impressed with what my ancient 3G can do considering it's only a 2MP camera and has no autofocus. Of course, CameraBag helps a lot and so does Photoshop Express. Here's some of my favorite ones.

fr_180 by lmaoty, on Flickr

fr_157 by lmaoty, on Flickr

fr_155 by lmaoty, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Liking this.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Just upgraded to an Inspire. Loving the camera on it.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

The 4S+Snapseed is loving cool. hereliesandy is my Instagram.

birds fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 10, 2012

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I've been wanting to get back into serious photography for a while but my iPhone is way too loving convenient. Enjoy some (lovely?) food photography and a coke bottle.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I love iOS 6's Panorama. I'll probably take my DSLR to Bangkok with me but if I didn't, this would be more than serviceable.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I opted not to bring my DSLR to Thailand and decided instead to shoot exclusively with my iPhone 4S. I'm really happy with the shots I left with.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

jackpot posted:

While I definitely wouldn't go on vacation without my dSLR, I went to Ireland and Rome for ten days this year and definitely had more fun shooting on the iphone. There's something about shooting with a square format in mind (I instagrammed the poo poo out of that trip) that just makes things more interesting, for some reason.

Oh yeah it was a tough decision but I wanted to pack light and the deciding factor was that I didn't want to lug around a camera around my neck in 95 degree weather with crazy humidity. If I were traveling anywhere else, I probably would have brought it.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Dang, went through the first couple pages of this thread again and the last few to compare and cell phone cameras sure have come a looooong way. Anyways here's some from my trip to New York. Standard fare for guy who is a tourist in New York but whatevs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birds
Jun 28, 2008

The UA campus is really photogenic

birds fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 12, 2014