Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

n.. posted:

thanks for my new background. got a higher res version up anywhere?

No worries, that's awesome! Here's the original resolution without crop

https://i.imgur.com/mRp3EvT.jpg

Megabound fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 8, 2018

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

That's awesone n.. I'm really jazzed that someone else likes a photo of mine enough to use it for something. In case you're interested the subject is a Minolta MD 50 mm lens and the reflection is from a Japanese paper window in a traditional ryokan.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

You need to use the share button at the bottom of the image and copy the bbcode.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Cesky Krumlov on a Nokia 6

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 27, 2019

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm no lensologist but I assume you'd have many issues getting the correct distances lens to sensor and lens to lens unless it was specifically designed for your particular phone. I'd be keeping an eye out for used cameras in budget.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Entry level cameras are things people buy, get tired of then flip with little use so there's always bargains to be had. From 5 minutes of googling this seems perfectly adequate and has interchangeable lenses.

It's not as good as pro gear but it's better than your phone and way better than those lenses. And if you tire of it you'd probably flip it for the same price.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Dabir posted:

I think even that is out of my price range. Is that pretty cheap for a camera?

That's AUD, so in GBP it'd be £50.

It is cheap but you can get cheaper. I would not be surprised if you could find an old bridge camera for the cost of those clip on lenses that would still be better.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The fundamentals of it is that any device that promises to make your phone take better pictures is most certainly snake oil, unless it is specifically designed for the phone you have, and even then putting a lens in front of another lens while it can get you the field of view you want it won't get you the quality you'd like.

I'd just plug "digital camera" into your local marketplace and post anything that looks good and in budget here or to the discord chat and we can weigh in.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

All good, we all have needs out of our cameras. If you do come back to it or go poking around used markets plenty of people have been happy with Sony Cyber-shots and the like and they'll fit in any pocket you got.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Here is my cell phone photo of geese. The geese are as wary of me as I am of them.

e: Have an eastern great egret too

Megabound fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 1, 2021

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I dig that square

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah my pic is edited with a gradient to bump up the exposure of the land.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

That's fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012