Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The best camera is the one you have with you. 99% of the time thats my iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

b0nes posted:

Why do these look so good while other iPhone shots look like the phone was dipped in Vaseline?

Thanks, for starters!

I always make sure that my lens is clean. Most people just whip the phone out of their pocket all linty and fingerprinty.

Secondly, if I'm actually trying to take a good photo as opposed to a snapshot, I'll take the time to make sure the exposure looks right, and set the focus correctly. Both of which can be changed by tapping on the screen.

Lastly, both were taken in good light. No one knows what the ISO is on the iPhone sensor, but it works better when it has a ton of light to work with.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 9, 2010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tincans posted:

Really? I've imported all the photos from my Sony Ericsson C905 to Lightroom and it says the ISO is between 64 - 800 in half-stop increments. I don't own an iPhone so I'm not sure if it'll encode metadata from the camera.

I dont think the iPhone writes the ISO to the exif data, but I may be mistaken

EDIT: Yeah, doesnt seem to be there http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt-f/4076177166/meta/

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The 4S camera is fairly amazing. Definitely giving even high-end P&S cameras a run for their money. This is right out of the camera, no editing.